NZSI Omaka has no runway?

fjsflight

Something is conflicting with NZSI. To see what Omaka should look like see this thread - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/39902-nzsi-around-omaka/

To isolate the potential cause, please make sure you don't have other NZ scenery active, and also check the Addon Scenery folder for any possible files that may conflict.

odd to say the least,

please have a look into your ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder and check if all the ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZXX_elevation_adjustment files have a .bgl extension there some 56 of 'm, if they have a .OFF extension you should rename them to .bgl

Could you check in > ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery < for these files (below) and report back if they're there. Also, could you check that the date stamp is 27/10/2011?

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZOM_objects.bgl

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZOM_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZOM.bgl

On both counts as well

The runway is most definitely there:

post-923-0-29658100-1324047643_thumb.jpg

If it is not displaying, and you don;t have any other local scenery installed, then it is likely other scenery that has a global effect (eg altering runway textures, or alterring terrain.cfg)

Which other scenery regions (non-ORBX) do you have installed?

I don't doubt that the rwys are there.

But meanwhile several people reported them as not visible for them.

(And I know some more in my flying club who did not post here)

My scenery installed next to NZSI is FTX/Australia and "PNG Bush Flying" of PIS.

Would it matter if the Mesh resolution was set to 1m? My sliders are all cranked to max except for water.

Edit: Just tested it and no difference.

Only other Global item I have installed is FS Global 2010 which I've already tried disabling and still the same issue. Mind boggling.

Guest J van E

Hi guys,

indeed, it's a mix-up of vector GUIDs on our part that affects some of the airports with non-hardened runways. Our apologies. We'll fix this as soon as possible and will issue a patch.

Cheers, Holger

I don't know if it's one fix for all airports, but if you need to know which airports are affected: Roxburgh is. I just posted this in another topic and then I read about Omaka and NZTI and I checked and notices I have the same problem there, so I guess they are related. Maybe someone who has a missing runway on Omaka could confirm a missing runway on Roxburgh?

Just to note, NZWB is also a bit incorrect. I'm unable to load a picture but the runways/airport are about 10-15 feet below ground elevation. Ive had similar issues before and it may be due to that. Otherwise the SI looks fantastic and I'm glad to see Nelson Aviation College at Motueka ( NZMK ) well represented :)

Does any of the people who don't see any runways here experience a trench at NZOM? Because like Tim Woodward posted above, the runways seem to be placed about 10ft below normal ground elevation and when I load up the airport I start in a trench at runway 04 I believe it is.

Just a quick check here to see if anyone else is experiencing this, if not I'll make a seperate topic.

Archived