Central Rockies - photoreal areas and windfarms

this is looking so awesome, i cant wait to fly over some crater's. I was wondering if those will mill blades will be turning when the wind blows or if they are static. even static wind mills are better then what FSX gave us.

Kyle

Hi guys,

thanks for the kind words.

The wind turbunes are the same as in NRM (check southern Alberta) meaning they are always turning at a leisurely pace and have flashing obstruction lights but don't respond to wind direction or strength.

There will be four photoreal areas within Yellowstone Park centered on the main geyser areas and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. No photoreal coverage in Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons for now but we've got it in our sights for a future service pack.

Cheers, Holger

mmmmmm, yep yep, ooooh, I need to stop salivating :D Glad I pre-ordered. Tell you what guys, how can I find the wind farm in NRM?

Take off from CZPC Pincher Creek there you will find some wind farms.

Take off from CZPC Pincher Creek there you will find some wind farms.

Cheers Kimo. I'm touring the NRM at the moment in my C340. I will take a detour and make that a point of call this afternoon. Might post some screenies also. Thanks again :D

Thanks for those Holger. Since I spend like... 99% of my NA flying in NRM, I am soooo looking forward to CRM. I try to be contagious so people leave the KORS-Darrington-Mears, etc routes... But then again, it leaves more amazing spots for us!

There is always something to look forward to these days. Great scenery, some of the shots look like they could have been taken on another planet.

One of the reasons I love Washington State and the NW US in general... You can travel 400 miles east to west and see practically every terrain and climate known on Earth! Plus my home town of Richland is there... I'm dying to see if the Hanford Site has been included (even in a basic form)...

Hi guys,

thanks for the kind words.

The wind turbunes are the same as in NRM (check southern Alberta) meaning they are always turning at a leisurely pace and have flashing obstruction lights but don't respond to wind direction or strength.

There will be four photoreal areas within Yellowstone Park centered on the main geyser areas and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. No photoreal coverage in Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons for now but we've got it in our sights for a future service pack.

Cheers, Holger

Great news, Holger! But dawg-gonnit... now I have to go buy yet another TB drive so I can be ready for the rest of the Rockies coverage AND the NEW ZEALAND regions!!! :D

My thanks to all on the ORBX Team for their tireless efforts!

Cheers,

Ken

• 1 month later...

Holger I have been trying to locate and fly over the twin craters and even though there has been some help in locating I have been unable to locate. I believe they are, more or less north of mountain home I have had no luck. Would you give me some stats as to how I might locate. I believe the crm installation is o k so I know of no reason why I cannot locate.

thanks

eray9s

Hello eray9s,

the two craters are quite small and thus fairly easy to miss. However, they lie straight north of KMUO, about 8mi from the airport, and abut 2mi before reaching the Interstate Highway.

Alternatively, you can put your aircraft in slew mode, then go into Map View and type in the lat/long coordinates: N43Ëš11.4' W115Ëš51.6'.

Or, you can load up our kmz file in Google Maps, zoom in on the Mountain Home area, find the placemark for the twin craters photoreal area, and look at the local configuration of airports, roads, and other landmarks; see http://www.orbxsyste...-kmz-map-files/

Happy hunting!

Cheers, Holger

Archived