Central Rockies Preview (24 shots)

Hi guys,

CRM is the next ORBX region to be released and its coverage area spans southern WA and ID, northeastern OR, southwestern MT, and northwestern WY. We'll post an Google Earth file once the boundaries are finalized.

Cheers, Holger

Great! I've been looking forward to OrbX doing their magic with this one particularly as I 'discovered' the Idaho back country accidentally after getting the 'Idaho Exposed' DVD a few years ago.

Will the USFS and bush strips like Mile High and Soldier Bar featured in the DVD be included?

Soldier Bar is indeed in the covered area. Where would Mile High be?

Mile High is a rough strip 5000' up on top of a mountain deep inside the Frank Church Wilderness area. It's not one of the USFS strips so I'm not sure if it appears on the US regional charts. Amazing place though and one of the highlights of the Idaho Exposed DVD.

At any rate Soldier Bar will be challenging enough!

Hi robmw, Reading this thread and became curious about this Mile High airstrip. Could you post the coordinates please.

cheers

I don't have those but here does: Mile Hi

And here for the experience:

It's one of those "where am I supposed to be landing then?", "what there, you're joking!" strips. Someone did it in FS9 but as a flat strip so the OrbX or OZx treatment in CRM would be ideal. Mile Hi isn't listed on standard charts but apparently is well known to local pilots and maintained by them (got this info from the Idaho exposed DVD). If it isn't included in the initial release of CRM maybe OrbX or the OZx guys can do it later (by popular demand, hint, hint ;) )

If Soldier Bar is included then I bet many of the other USFS strips will be too so that will be plenty to go on with. Mile Hi would be a real treat though...

Archived