Introducing YMML Melbourne International Airport for Prepar3D V5 & V6!

2.jpg

Since our last preview thread was subpar and had no content... here's something much much better. Coming soon for Prepar3D v5 & v6!

From short domestic hops to long-haul international flights, YMML caters to all your virtual aviation needs. Whether you're flying the A320 on a quick trip to Sydney or piloting the 777 to far-flung destinations, this scenery provides the perfect starting point or final approach.

Discover why Melbourne Airport, affectionately known as "Tulla," has been the gateway to Victoria's capital since 1970. With unparalleled attention to detail, this scenery captures the essence of YMML, allowing you to immerse yourself in the busy atmosphere of one of Australia's premier airports.

At a glance:

• High resolution 10cm/px photoreal with winter/summer season colors
  • 2024 Airport Layout
  • 3 Hangars opened with interiors
  • SODE VGDS and Jetways
  • Fully optimized airport with the Control panel to disable features
  • Animated terminal park4 LCD screens
  • Includes legacy photoreal of YMMLv3 for extended coverage with on/off option
  • High-density 3D grass controlled by Autogen
  • ATC interiors
  • +4.5k cars placed at landside parking
  • +1.3K GSE placed around the airport
  • Night Dynamic lighting
  • Custom airport runway, ALS, and taxiway lighting

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 5

Finally there. Looks great. I saw on the products pages that there also is an P3Dv6 installer for global base. A good start I think. I hope more products will follow to make them easy to install in v6 without doing registry tricks. 

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

oh this looks good, @Sante Sottile these a mixture of v5 / v6 shots or just one?....just need some descent planes and I can use v6 more....and obviously I assume this will be installed into v6 using Central?

They are all for v6 at the moment, but I'll try to get some more v5 shots for you and yes, this will be installed into v6 via Orbx Central. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sante Sottile said:

They are all for v6 at the moment, but I'll try to get some more v5 shots for you and yes, this will be installed into v6 via Orbx Central. :) 

thank you, appreciate the quick reply....

21 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Looks great. So has this been released or to be 

released soon? I can't find it anywhere, pardon my

ignorance if I've missed it.🤔

cheers

Gumby

It's just a preview for now, as it's in the "preview" section of the forums ;)

Shouldn't be too much longer!

• Like 1

I would say it would be V4 as there is lots more scenery Addons too the airport and terminal eg bigger carparks having lived in victora for 10 years and was only 10 minute drive from Tullamarine airport been plane spotting at the airport.There was strobe lights at runway 34 visual approach also which was never added on too the start of runway from V1 and in V3.These strobe lights at 34 are only active when this runway was in use.I hope Orbx team continue too convert scenery over too V6 and is worth the extra $$ for the upgrade :) just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2024 at 10:31 AM, Sante Sottile said:

2.jpg

Since our last preview thread was subpar and had no content... here's something much much better. Coming soon for Prepar3D v5 & v6!

From short domestic hops to long-haul international flights, YMML caters to all your virtual aviation needs. Whether you're flying the A320 on a quick trip to Sydney or piloting the 777 to far-flung destinations, this scenery provides the perfect starting point or final approach.

Discover why Melbourne Airport, affectionately known as "Tulla," has been the gateway to Victoria's capital since 1970. With unparalleled attention to detail, this scenery captures the essence of YMML, allowing you to immerse yourself in the busy atmosphere of one of Australia's premier airports.

At a glance:

• High resolution 10cm/px photoreal with winter/summer season colors
  • 2024 Airport Layout
  • 3 Hangars opened with interiors
  • SODE VGDS and Jetways
  • Fully optimized airport with the Control panel to disable features
  • Animated terminal park4 LCD screens
  • Includes legacy photoreal of YMMLv3 for extended coverage with on/off option
  • High-density 3D grass controlled by Autogen
  • ATC interiors
  • +4.5k cars placed at landside parking
  • +1.3K GSE placed around the airport
  • Night Dynamic lighting
  • Custom airport runway, ALS, and taxiway lighting

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

Gday Sante i hope your well.

Do we know how much longer it will be until the release of YMML ? thanks mate and i know things are busy Thanks.

1 hour ago, timmo32 said:

Gday Sante i hope your well.

Do we know how much longer it will be until the release of YMML ? thanks mate and i know things are busy Thanks.

Should be sometime tomorrow (Saturday in Australia). Will be released along with EGLC V2 for P3D v5 & v6 as well! 

• Like 2

Fantastic news thankyou very much also for your quick response as i know you are very busy and once again thankyou for considering Orbx for us P3D5 and V6 users ive been a loyal customer since 2009 and will support your company kind regards from Timmo. :)

• Like 2

I tried to install this in p3d 6.  Central says I need to purchase it again.  In p3d 5 I can install in.   Do I need to purchase it again for v6

Think I know, what the previous not from Orbx but a 3rd party?

Edited by Dean Salman

YMML is not released yet and if you already own YMML V3 then too upgrade too V4 its a small fee of $17.70 bucks estimate australian dollars and will be worth every cent.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dean Salman said:

I am ok with that.  Is the upgrade price adjusted in central when it will be released

As far as i know it looks like you just pay the upgrade fee only and im sure its for both P3Dv5 and 6 once its released i will buy it straight away and let other know how it went.

1 hour ago, timmo32 said:

As far as i know it looks like you just pay the upgrade fee only and im sure its for both P3Dv5 and 6 once its released i will buy it straight away and let other know how it went.

Looks like you've nominated yourself as the

Guinea pig Timmo, hats off to you. Looking forward

to the release.

cheers

Gumby