Am I the only one.......

...who hates this "two step authentication" nonsense? I've had it with this stuff. I don't care if someone can see my health records. What are they going to do? Turn me into the Feds? I don't care if someone gets my credit card info. I have no liability for stolen information.  I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. I've had it with this crap. Life was so good back in 1955...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Exactly what's going to happen Doug.  Stay frosty, you haven't seen anything yet from now until the end of the year and beyond. Oh, watch your blood pressure, mine go's up when I read the news, not the fake news the real stuff that's going on. To all the folks in the UK and Europe, Australia, NZ, stay strong patriots. Correction, my life was good in the 50s 60s 70s. 

The Gateway Pundit

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, I think that there is a touch of rose-tinted glasses going on here.

Maybe it would be better to have written  "My life was so good back in 1955..." and also
"My life was good in the 50s 60s 70s.

Mine was good as well, but I was too young and/or in the wrong place to have to go to Vietnam, 
Kenya, Cyprus, Suez, Brunei, Indonesia, Aden or Northern Ireland.
I was the right skin colour and gender to avoid racial prejudice and misogyny and had
the right sexual preference to avoid both homophobia and indeed prison.

My parents were well off and able to feed me well, clothe me smartly and send me to good schools.

There were plenty who did not have all, or indeed any, of these advantages whose lives were
blighted by one, some, or many of the bad things that also prevailed in those three decades.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hmm, I think that there is a touch of rose-tinted glasses going on here.

Maybe it would be better to have written  "My life was so good back in 1955..." and also
"My life was good in the 50s 60s 70s.

Mine was good as well, but I was too young and/or in the wrong place to have to go to Vietnam, 
Kenya, Cyprus, Suez, Brunei, Indonesia, Aden or Northern Ireland.
I was the right skin colour and gender to avoid racial prejudice and misogyny and had
the right sexual preference to avoid both homophobia and indeed prison.

My parents were well off and able to feed me well, clothe me smartly and send me to good schools.

There were plenty who did not have all, or indeed any, of these advantages whose lives were
blighted by one, some, or many of the bad things that also prevailed in those three decades.

Thanks, Nick. It's important to remember our blessings and have empathy for those without. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The world is fickled right now beyond what I've ever seen before.  I have friends at both extremes... one owns 17 cars, spends $800 in fuel a month no big deal has millions and the other friend rides a bike barely living on SSN disability.  Both are not in good shape.  The one that carries $4k in his pocket has had 3 heart attacks and had open heart surgery which cost over $1 million.  He now wears a $40k vest difibulator.  And here I am taking not one pill or any kind of medicine.  The Good Book is my answer!

• Upvote 1

Personally, I'm not sure rose tinted glasses are required more 'Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy' opaque glasses. Especially when reading the news. 

I think that back in the 50, 60 and 70's news was less available and somewhat softened and travel was less prevalent ,  so many conflicts seemed far away and unimportant in the west. Fact is the world was just as unjust and brutal it just wasn't seen as much in the western world. BTW Nick you can add Africa to your list, lots of stuff went on there in the 50/60/70's and no doubt we could go on .

• Upvote 2