HD Trees MSFS

I bought the trees today too.
Unfortunately, all my trees look like squares.
The textures are strange.
Something isn't right.
Is HD Trees not compatible with AccuSeason.

Thanks Frank

HD Trees.png

• Like 1

Global Trees HD developer has posted that Trees HD is not compatible with any 3rd party vegetation mod e.g. bijanstudio, REX AccuSeason, str1kestudioz-nztrees etc.

Rod

Edited by stiletto2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 11:20 AM, stiletto2 said:

Global Trees HD developer has posted that Trees HD is not compatible with any 3rd party vegetation mod e.g. bijanstudio, REX AccuSeason, str1kestudioz-nztrees etc.

Rod

Rod, do you know if that includes Global Trees itself?

44 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

Hi Rodger,

What do you mean by "Global Trees itself?"

Rod

I think I got it, Rod. My Orbx list includes an entry for "Global Trees HD" and one for "MSFS Global Trees HD." I think one is for P3D and the other for MSFS 2020. Didn't know I was so well-stocked! :)   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am glad I am not getting a little messed up with all these different add ons..

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

My Orbx list includes an entry for "Global Trees HD" and one for "MSFS Global Trees HD." I think one is for P3D and the other for MSFS 2020. Didn't know I was so well-stocked! :)   

• Upvote 1

I have spent hours going through everything to make the trees look like trees when Photogrammetry is ON in MSFS. When Photogrammetry is OFF, the trees look great.

I have searched painstakingly through my MSFS Community folder for any vegetation file that could interfere with this.  There are no conflicting sceneries in my Community folder after checking the contents of each file in there.

There is a conflict somewhere OTHER than the explanation than the explanation given above.

Stan

• Like 1

Hello,
welcome to the forums.
As a new user, your first few posts are moderated.
This is no reflection on you, it is a simple measure to allow me and other forum admins to
thwart efforts to post spam messages, something that is tried every day.

You don't need to post more than once, your posts will appear as soon as they have been approved.

The developer is clear that any other product which contains a vegetation folder with a
10-asobo_species.xml file in it will conflict.
This may not be immediately obvious.
Here are some basic troubleshooting measures:

The last one should show you that this is the case.

This is what a conflicting product will cause:

HDTrees.png.ea2982ad909d945c5805751336a2b1d4.png

and this is simply photogrammetry not working as it should:

image.png.4a89af7950c928d510c61ea91c5e7911.png

which is quite different and has nothing to do with the Orbx product.

• Like 1

Hello

Something is amiss.

Running MS2020 with all updates.

Cant see any difference between the Orbx seasons or default one.

Using my local airport of Wolverhampton as a test.

Orbx is installed in the Community folder inside the flightsim and the Orbx library in

C: drive

REgards

Bigcav

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigcav said:

Hello

Something is amiss.

Running MS2020 with all updates.

Cant see any difference between the Orbx seasons or default one.

Using my local airport of Wolverhampton as a test.

Orbx is installed in the Community folder inside the flightsim and the Orbx library in

😄 drive

REgards

Bigcav

After installation you need to run the program from the install page on Orbx Central, then a window pops up, where you choose your season and set it into the sim. Then start MSFS. 

To go back to default you just choose the no seasons option in the program and set that in the sim. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Dow said:

To go back to default you just choose the no seasons option in the program and set that in the sim. 

This is not entirely true. To return to the default settings in the program, you need to click the "Remove from sim" button

00001_1.thumb.jpg.cb25885b0475f313cd8806aba0434b02.jpg

If you select "Default BIOM - All summer" in the program - this option uses new trees but with default biomes. This means that there will be no seasons and new types of regional vegetation.

00001_2.thumb.jpg.ac615f65f89a1ad9f319f8c998813429.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you please add the option for only summer with new types of regional vegetation?

Or can the seasons being changed ingame,without restarting MSFS?

Mike

Edited by big-mike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, big-mike said:
On 8/6/2024 at 10:31 PM, big-mike said:

Can you please add the option for only summer with new types of regional vegetation?

Or can the seasons being changed ingame,without restarting MSFS?

Mike

As far as I know selecting Default Biome (no seasons) gives you Summer textures world wide, with the new upgraded vegetation. Have you read the manual included in the download? 

There is no way to change seasons etc on the fly, that's a limitation of the MSFS coding. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 9:13 AM, Dmytro Krykunov said:

Thank you John.

But Dmytro postet this above.

"If you select "Default BIOM - All summer" in the program - this option uses new trees but with default biomes. This means that there will be no seasons and new types of regional vegetation."

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big-mike said:

Thank you John.

But Dmytro postet this above.

"If you select "Default BIOM - All summer" in the program - this option uses new trees but with default biomes. This means that there will be no seasons and new types of regional vegetation."

Mike

I don't understand the problem. You said earlier you wanted Summer, that's what you get by default in MSFS, as Dmytro says, you get summer with the new trees. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big-mike said:

"there will be no  new types of regional vegetation"

Mike

That's because the program uses the Asobo regional vegetation tables in the Default Biome (Summer), and replaces the mediocre textures with the HD textures, as well as changing density and tree height.  I assume there are limits to what the program can do within the coding of MSFS, maybe new vegetation types can't be introduced over the existing number already there.  

So even though there are no new vegetation types the look and feel of the existing types has been modified so it feels like there have been new types introduced.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big-mike said:

Maybe Dmytro can look,if he can do something.

Regional vegetation can be added to the "Default BIOM" - but this will cause many negative consequences. And it will no longer be the "Default BIOM".

I will explain using the example of "Default BIOM - Scrub". If I add eucalyptus and Australian bush to the "Default BIOM - Scrub" then this regional vegetation will appear not only in Australia, but also in Africa, India, South and North America. The screenshot below shows the location of the "Default BIOM - Scrub" on the map.

In the seasonal variants, I created new biomes taking into account the climate and regional zones.004.thumb.jpg.db3ff56a0e22ea69b3e92a9f43d005ad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

I like HD Trees - but I must say I'm confused as to how to run it: with or without photogrammetry <?>

Here's a close up with PG OFF:

NZNE-PG-Off-03-1024.jpg?dl=1

Now see what happens when PG is ON:

NZNE-PG-On-03-1024.jpg?dl=1

It looks like PG trees appear *as well as* Orbx HD trees.

Same again (PG OFF):

NZNE-PG-Off-01-1024.jpg?dl=1

... and with PG ON:

NZNE-PG-On-01-1024.jpg?dl=1

I'm not sure why the terrain textures have different colouring - I think I took both shots at noon (same date), though I suppose I really ought to shoot a few more - with only MSFS default trees.

I'm now running with PG off for most of the time - and can't say I miss it (!).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Hopefully the next generation of photogrammetry will have the ability to recognise round green things as trees and ignore them in their modelling 

lets hope so because it does look a dogs dinner when it goes wrong...I have had it turned of for as long as I can remember...it was flying into London City that put me off...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

Hopefully the next generation of photogrammetry will have the ability to recognise round green things as trees and ignore them in their modelling 

Is there any way we could [globally] prevent trees being seen as PG objects? Any specific files that could be renamed/disabled?

EDIT: Thee appear to be dozens of threads about exactly this problem (I hadn't realised it was quite this bad). Here's are two:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-make-an-option-to-disable-trees-in-photogrammetric-cities/644979

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-Orbx-hd-global-trees-causes-me-issues/650676/4

So ... probably no point in cluttering the Orbx forum with this one :(((