Beyond ATC

HI everyone,

What's everyone's thoughts on this new product? I haven't gotten into this part of flying yet but was wondering would this be a good program to start with. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen on YouTube, particularly Easyjet simpilot, it looks like you can vary your own experience in the settings. You can automate some responses etc. By the looks of it you don't need to be an ATC expert to use it. I'm seriously considering it :)

• Like 3

I haven't used it, but have watched a number of YT videos about it.  It looks like the most advanced ATC program so far, because it uses AI to interpret what you are saying, and responds accordingly, so you don't need to memorize the exact words or phrases like you do with past ATC programs.  I use VOX ATC currently with P3D, sometimes at least, and with that I pretty much have to leave the VOX window open to read and say the phrases, because even saying one word wrong the program won't understand you.  I've read about some bugs in Beyond ATC, but that's to be expected in early release.

• Like 2

Looks good but I think the full blown ChatGPT one under development looks more promising for me as a GA VFR flyer, as it will respond to on the fly requests outside the normal rigid IFR terminology. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Looks good but I think the full blown ChatGPT one under development looks more promising for me as a GA VFR flyer, as it will respond to on the fly requests outside the normal rigid IFR terminology. 

Actually I think I might have got the two mixed up.  I think I was thinking of that program you are referring to John (Say Intentions?).  That is the one with less strict phrasing.  I could be wrong but I don't think Beyond ATC does actually use AI for comprehension, but does use it for the voices.  I have seen a number of videos on both of them, so have probably mixed up in my head what each of them does, especially because haven't actually used either.  Say Intentions does sound promising.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

Actually I think I might have got the two mixed up.  I think I was thinking of that program you are referring to John (Say Intentions?).  That is the one with less strict phrasing.  I could be wrong but I don't think Beyond ATC does actually use AI for comprehension, but does use it for the voices.  I have seen a number of videos on both of them, so have probably mixed up in my head what each of them does, especially because haven't actually used either.  Say Intentions does sound promising.

Say Intentions is fully AI in the way AI is understood today. It uses ChatGPT. You can literlly ask the controller what colour his socks have und you will get an snswer. Therefore the use of a microphone is necessary or at least preferred ( I am not sure if Say Intentiones supports keyboard entries.), because there are no canned phrases like in Beyoned ATC or the dafault ATC.

Whereas the AI of Beyoned ATC is the same kind of AI already used in the default ATC and default AI traffic or any traffic add on.  No ChatGPT here.

Say Intentions seems to be a real game changer and the future for ATC in flightsimming . I think it is even more realistic than VATSIM etc. I am considering to get Say Intentions, but have to look for a sponsor first 😄. I'll probably set it on a wishlist for Christmas or my birthday or the like.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 3

it would be nice if we get something new for 2024 when it comes out, I use FSHUD in fairly automated mode but that's because I prefer not to talk into a mic, I even use FS2CREW button versions......keeping an eye on all these though, I think the Ai version will be a gamechanger, maybe more flexibility than the rest...

• Like 2