Please ban yiyifor9...

W2DR

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Can't say, Doug. What' s a yiyifor9? Sounds like a cheerleaders' rally call.

It's the clown that posted all that stuff about how to contact airlines. Thank God those posts are gone now. Genuine forum spam.

• Like 2

Hello,
in fact, there were 17 spammers banned yesterday, some by me and some more by others, when I was asleep.
All of the ones I banned had IP addresses in India, so possibly, it was just the same ones rejoining.
We do try to keep up, but sometimes, the spam says in place long enough for someone to see it and either post or report it.

I have no idea why someone whose IP address is in India or Pakistan would want to spend their time doing this, both countries appear to have far
more important things going on, but they do.
Sometimes, you can see less obvious posts, often resurrecting an older topic, but not always and usually with a link to something

commercial tucked away in the corner of the post.

My thanks to those of you who spot the ones that we miss and report them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
in fact, there were 17 spammers banned yesterday, some by me and some more by others, when I was asleep.
All of the ones I banned had IP addresses in India, so possibly, it was just the same ones rejoining.
We do try to keep up, but sometimes, the spam says in place long enough for someone to see it and either post or report it.

I have no idea why someone whose IP adress is in India or Pakistan would want to spend their time doing this, both countries appear to have far
more important things going on, but they do.
Sometimes, you can see less obvious posts, often resurrecting an older topic, but not always and usually with a link to something

commercial tucked away in the corner of the post.

My thanks to those of you who spot the ones that we miss and report them.

Oh. So you sleep. Lift your game Nick :)

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
All of the ones I banned had IP addresses in India

Thanks Nick. Part of the problem is the use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network). I have a VPN which has connections originating in over 75 countries. I use mine to watch Formula 1 races on a British station. And there are many other reasons for using a VPN. Unfortunately the spammers use them too........Doug

• Like 3