Forum URL's messed up

BrianT

For the past few days I've been unable to access the forum using the link I've used for ages https://orbxsystems.com/forum. I then found the Orbx discord and followed a link that someone had posted to an issue they were having which brought me here https://forum.orbxdirect.com/. As you can see there is a subtle difference but enough that the original doesn't work. further to that the shortcut at the top of this very page also points to the old address.
Clearly the site has moved...did I miss an announcement? is it permanent, temporary?

InkedCapture.jpg

Edited by BrianT
  • Like 2

Just figured out the change myself!

I usually check the forum every morning on my laptop and hadn't been getting through, so I thought there must be a problem or upgrade going on.

The forum link at the bottom of the Orbx home page (orbxdirct.com) is still linked to the "old" forum address.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt McGee said:

Just figured out the change myself!

I usually check the forum every morning on my laptop and hadn't been getting through, so I thought there must be a problem or upgrade going on.

The forum link at the bottom of the Orbx home page (orbxdirct.com) is still linked to the "old" forum address.

yup thats the same as me. I even did a "is the site down" search and got back a message to say it was down for everyone.....
Apparently some of us didn't get the memo, does seem odd that they would basically change the url for the forum and not tell anyone.

• Like 1

Hi all,

This is an unintended consequence of an old server that we shut down. The forums have been running at forum.orbxdirect.com since August 2021, but it seems that many, including our own website, still use the old orbxsystems.com/forum link.

We'll reactivate the orbxsystems.com/forum -> forum.orbxdirect.com redirect ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1