Interesting late evening

Aussieflyer38

Well the file transfer saga continued. I spent a LATE night chatting with a young lady from Nigeria who is employed by Microsoft support. I tried to uninstall MSFS but did something wrong along the way (told you I was a computer dummy), so when trying to reinstall it, duh daaaa, it wouldn't, it just kept trying but would bomb. So late in the night, about ten, I sent up a flare - help Microsoft HELP. I finished up chatting literally with a lady in NIgeria, (you never know where people are these days) after an hour or so, she decided it better to ring me, so she did. Without going on about this, she fixed it and MSFS is loading, at about 90% right now. So the bottom line is I'm really very tired, I don't do late night well these days, but hopefully will be up and running in about another half an hour. I tell you guys, we get very critical of MS times, but I couldn't complain about their service this time 10/10, nothing was too much for this lady, to even ring me to sort it out was amazing. I did have a bit of a problem with the accent on the phone, must have been a bit frustrating for her when she has this old geezer on the phone, "what'd you say, what, what......

:D get my hearing aid today:lol:

Watch this space for an update:) I'm going back to bed!

Don 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Don,

9 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I spent a LATE night chatting with a young lady from Nigeria who is employed by Microsoft support.

I certainly hope that you double checked her credentials,

& best of luck setting up your new computer :)

you'll find most answers on this Orbx forum site...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

sounds like a move in the right direction there Don, lets hope a new day brings some good news and a fair bit of simming...

Thanks Wayne, afraid the flying is a couple of days away as yet but going to enjoy it when it happens.:)

Don

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Hi Don,

I certainly hope that you double checked her credentials,

& best of luck setting up your new computer :)

you'll find most answers on this Orbx forum site...

Thanks mate, credentials........mmmmm, not going there:D. My sim is up and running thanks to her, so that's a plus, the only answer I need now (community folder) is up to MS, Maybe I'll know tomorrow.

18 hours ago, paulb said:

What is the problem with the community folder Don?

The original problem I posted  a few days ago, where windows wouldn't let me copy the old community folder to my new computer. Not such a drama now, as I took your advice and reinstalled my Orbx files in groups of six to eight, left it to itself and did other things, I now have 90% transferred. Next week I'll have a look through my purchases log find the ones I want and reinstall them. No rush now, I pretty much have the ones I fly the most in Orbx. I'll now have a bit of spare time to have a fly and do a bit of Win 11 study, and Paul, I need to study it, very confusing, it's very different to Win10, or it is to me. A couple of people have told me, once you get your head around it, it's very good - we'll see.:unsure:

Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

The original problem I posted  a few days ago, where windows wouldn't let me copy the old community folder to my new computer. Not such a drama now, as I took your advice and reinstalled my Orbx files in groups of six to eight, left it to itself and did other things, I now have 90% transferred. Next week I'll have a look through my purchases log find the ones I want and reinstall them. No rush now, I pretty much have the ones I fly the most in Orbx. I'll now have a bit of spare time to have a fly and do a bit of Win 11 study, and Paul, I need to study it, very confusing, it's very different to Win10, or it is to me. A couple of people have told me, once you get your head around it, it's very good - we'll see.:unsure:

Don

Good to hear that it's all coming together for you Don :).

I didn't like Windows when it first appeared years ago. I was too used to DOS :rolleyes:

Until recently I was using W7 and W10 on my two pc's. When I bought my new pc last year I went with W11. So now I have W10 on one pc and W11 on my simming pc.

I found W11 strange at first but found it much easier after a couple of weeks of using it.

So, just give it time. It's not really hard to use. It is just unfamiliar to begin with. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A good report Don. Moving forward :) 

Yes it's starting to come together Landon. Guess W11 is going to take time. At least I have all my Orbx stuff loaded and it looks like its all flyable :). I miss my old snipping tool, the one in W11 is pretty hopeless, what do you use to crop and save, until I find something, I can't post any pics. Thanks for checking in, hope to be able to post some pics soon.

Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great news Don. I'm glad she did not ask you for your bank account number:rolleyes:. Good luck with the install. Cheers k:)

Wouldn't have done her any good, I'm broke after forking out for a new rig:wacko::D. Thanks so far the install has gone okay, apart from a few minor hiccups.

Don

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I miss my old snipping tool, the one in W11 is pretty hopeless, what do you use to crop and save, until I find something, I can't post any pics. Thanks for checking in, hope to be able to post some pics soon.

Hi Don, For what it's worth, I just use the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard for all of my images. That saves them directly to my hard drive. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Don, For what it's worth, I just use the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard for all of my images. That saves them directly to my hard drive. :)

Thanks Paul, I do the same, but I've run into problem with the size of the file. The old snipping tool saved the image for a few Kb, now it's Mb's and they take up too much space. I was messing with it last night, and I think I may have found the problem, I hope to fix it today.

Don 

• Upvote 1