Lat/Long?

Jack Sawyer

I don't know if the following is common knowledge. 

Within MSFS you can click anywhere on the opening map and set this spot as take off location. MSFS will then place your plane 1500 ft AGL above this clicked spot. So if you would like to place the plane above your house, just zoom-in the opening map untill you can see your house and click on it.

By clicking on the map you can also set an arrival location and add as many custom waypoints as you like.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I don't know if the following is common knowledge. 

Within MSFS you can click anywhere on the opening map and set this spot as take off location. MSFS will then place your plane 1500 ft AGL above this clicked spot. So if you would like to place the plane above your house, just zoom-in the opening map untill you can see your house and click on it.

By clicking on the map you can also set an arrival location and add as many custom waypoints as you like.

I have done that Wolfgang :). Do you know if it is possible to change the altitude? I have a few boats that I like to 'fly'. Starting at 1500 ft they will crash and burn! :unsure:

• Like 2

You don't have to type in the coordinates, just select them from Google Maps and then Control+V to copy them into the Search bar

Here i have randomly  chosen a spot in Columbia

Click on the bottom where the coordiantes are shown 

Capture1.thumb.JPG.765762e9c3f4936027d17029ef257db9.JPG

And you get this

Capture2.thumb.JPG.1c78c2e7c66b578e409b9a9a1ab4bcff.JPG

Now just highlight the top left (ringed in Red) and then in the search bar in MSFS just use Control V.  and it will copy the coordinates

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

So if you would like to place the plane above your house, just zoom-in the opening map untill you can see your house and click on it.

Thanks but it's not my house I'm looking for, it's something different.  I found a lat/long to decimal converter on the internet.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, paulb said:

I have done that Wolfgang :). Do you know if it is possible to change the altitude? I have a few boats that I like to 'fly'. Starting at 1500 ft they will crash and burn! :unsure:

Hi Paul, no, unfortunately I have no idea how to change the altidude. I suggest, you toggle slew mode right after the flight has been loaded, then slew your boat down to the surface and exit slew mode again. I think this should serve your intentions.

BTW I was wrong, it is not 1500 ft but 1640 ft. I guess the reason for this odd number is, that it is equivalent to 500 metres exactly.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

Hi Paul, no, unfortunately I have no idea how to change the altidude. I suggest, you toggle slew mode right after the flight has been loaded, then slew your boat down to the surface and exit slew mode again. I think this should serve your intentions.

BTW I was wrong, it is not 1500 ft but 1640 ft. I guess the reason for this odd number is, that it is equivalent to 500 metres exactly.

Thank you Wolfgang :). I will try your suggestion.

• Like 2