Proatc....new version...

wain71

Sorry I've been living under a rock... what's it like and can I use button control as I have problems with voice recognition on the PC...must be my West country accent.... do you know if one purchase will allow me to use it with MSFS and p3dv5?...

For years I happily used VoxATC. But when I moved to P3D 5 VoxATC became unstable.  I have just recently discovered P2A (Pilot2ATC), and while still testing it in the free trial period (10 days), so far I'm pretty impressed by it.  I suggest giving it a look and a try. The program supports all of the Sims, all aircraft, and both VFR and IFR, including SIDs and STARs.  Again, IMHO, worth a look.

Of course nothing can beat real live, professional ATC, so this will never replace PilotEdge for me.  But PilotEdge covers only the western one third of the U.S., and I like to fly the east coast and the rest of the country, too. VATSIM has its limitations, so I like to use an AI ATC program for the flights outside of the PilotEdge area.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Q said:

For years I happily used VoxATC. But when I moved to P3D 5 VoxATC became unstable.  I have just recently discovered P2A (Pilot2ATC), and while still testing it in the free trial period (10 days), so far I'm pretty impressed by it.  I suggest giving it a look and a try. The program supports all of the Sims, all aircraft, and both VFR and IFR, including SIDs and STARs.  Again, IMHO, worth a look.

Of course nothing can beat real live, professional ATC, so this will never replace PilotEdge for me.  But PilotEdge covers only the western one third of the U.S., and I like to fly the east coast and the rest of the country, too. VATSIM has its limitations, so I like to use an AI ATC program for the flights outside of the PilotEdge area.

Ken

I had this, Pilot2ATC back in p3dv4, however I can't remember where it came from, or have a code....maybe I should investigate...

Edited by wain71
more info
  • Upvote 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:54 AM, wain71 said:

Dave from Pilot2ATC has been very helpful, a bit of revision will be needed I think...

Dave, indeed has been very helpful.  I had an odd problem where pressing PTT button caused all sorts of strange things to happen.  I finally figured out the problem, (conflict with Active Sky) but it was on the last day of the free trial period.  Dave emailed several suggestions, none of which addressed the problem in the end.  But he kindly extended the trial so I can run the program to be sure I don't discover other issues.  Seem like a great product, and customer support is super.

Ken

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:31 AM, wain71 said:

Sorry I've been living under a rock... what's it like and can I use button control as I have problems with voice recognition on the PC...must be my West country accent.... do you know if one purchase will allow me to use it with MSFS and p3dv5?...

Just wondering, do you talk like a pirate Wayne? :)

• Haha 1