Whatever happened to Melbourne and BTW upcoming Orbx products

pilot100

SO I'll ask again, Whatever happened to Melbourne, Last I heard Orbx had all the stuff for MSFS Melbourne but couldn't decide whether to do anything with it. Looks like there isn't much on the horizon from Orbx at all judging by the 'upcoming products' section. What is going on is Orbx beciming just a reseller site now?

Brian

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi @Doug Sawatzky

I think it is because it is mentioned here

jxkRovR.jpg

Also, some shots of the city have been displayed earlier more detailed.

I also read that the release was on hold due on some issues on MS behalf and we never heard anything else again about the city

Might you know or get the status of that city pack?

Thanks

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Thanks 1

Are you asking about the CBD or the Airport ??

As far as the city goes - I did a video of the CBD -  after the Aussie upgrade because I thought Asobo did a good job and and 

unless you were a local - like i used to be - one wouldn't know the difference - so Orbx doesn't need to waste their time  -IMHO 

However - if its the Airport then that is another matter, Orbx have done a great job on Essendon - but Tullarmarine is a disgrace

and Moorabbin - one of the World's busiest GA airports - needs an Orbx replacement - as good as their P3D version 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcg6QjETY38&t=5s                                                                                                                      

• Like 1

Hi John,

I was hoping for YMMB in particular and associated GA airports around the bay - answer is probably not going to happen, certainly not soon. I am using free software which is quite good but Orbx always did a good job  and was worth the money IMO especially when they focused on Oz back in the P3D FSX days. However they have other avenues (and revenue streams) to pursue and that is fine, the MSFS market place is now so wide it is probably hard for companies to pick 'winners' for development and they must go for ROI.  I was just asking, thats all.

Thanks for all the responses.

Brian

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I completely agree. It is getting a little ridiculous now. The sim is nearly two years old and the city, plus ymml and ymmb are abysmal. I am hoping we get some news soon. Also, I could not disagree more with john, regarding the need for a cityscape. The Asobo effort is unremarkable to say the least. I want a Melbourne cityscape to the standard of Sydney and a YMML and YMMB worth flying to. 

2 hours ago, pilot100 said:

Hi goalski,

Totally agree, sadly I am of the opinion that Orbx is no longer that interested in Australian updates.  

Brian

Look at Orbx's partners, they have a fair few partners focusing solely on Australia, so probably the market isn't their for Orbx anymore

Edited by EasternT3

Yep, I agree, it's their money so they will go where there is a return, thats OK, it's just dissappointing that as an Aussie based outfit that started here has shifted it focus away. As you say there are other partners working on Australian scenery. 

On 4/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, pilot100 said:

What is going on is Orbx beciming just a reseller site now?

Orbx has a dedicated "Orbx Release Announcements" sub-forum so you can see what products they have released or updated.

It looks to me like they have a constant stream of new scenery and updates being released.  I've certainly been busy beta testing.

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Yep, they do, but not that much is for Australia, that was my original question, and again I fully support their right to go where the market is, its just dissappointing for some of their Australian loyal customer base.