The Big Bird in Brisbane

John Heaton

Some lovely shots there of the finest airliner there has every been (in my opinion). Also managed to fly on it several times over the years.

Was concerned it may cause a bit of a performance hit on my PC. May I ask how it handles compared to other aircraft. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, paulk said:

Some lovely shots there of the finest airliner there has every been (in my opinion). Also managed to fly on it several times over the years.

Was concerned it may cause a bit of a performance hit on my PC. May I ask how it handles compared to other aircraft. 

Thanks.

@Paul -

you were flying safely with the fire protection on those big RR Engines - designed and manufactured by my company

I haven't flown it yet but just sitting on the runway at Heathrow - my FPS is around 50% down but my PC is a lot less powerful than yours 

@Landon

no not yet still reading the manual - but after watching this bloke - my confident is climbing - https://youtu.be/9OJBDWx5ccw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paulk said:

What are your PC specs if you don’t mind me asking. 

I’ve worked on many aircraft over the years, which fire protection company did you work work?

I5 940 - 16 ram - 8k Radeon570 - normaly 45FPS on average

Graviner - I was MD Australia - Pacific region - covered just about everything built by British - and Quite few American via

my West Coast Subsidiary - so every time you see red button on the dashboard - it was probably designed by Graviner

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

nice shots John, I remember the first time I saw one on the ground at Heathrow, I couldn't believe how small it was compared to the other planes at the gate...we have one here in Bristol, been to see it several times...

John I now own a Concorde. :)

wow, early days with it but love it, performance at Orbx Leeds Airport add on is very good. (Love the sound set).

Thanks for the recommendation.

Will add some screen shots later.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, paulk said:

John I now own a Concorde. :)

wow, early days with it but love it, performance at Orbx Leeds Airport add on is very good. (Love the sound set).

Thanks for the recommendation.

Will add some screen shots later.

Enjoy!!

Did you come across Graviner in your aircraft experience ?

43 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Enjoy!!

Did you come across Graviner in your aircraft experience ?

I would have to raid the loft and check the paper course notes (all digital now) gone have the days when you would get 12 massive A4 folders to learn.

I think our early 747 and 757 aircraft had them fitted.

Systron Donner also popular on many aircraft.