The Big Ezy - Landing at Skiathos

D0S

The non precision approach into Skiathos is famous for its scenic final segment, and lack of either RNAV or ILS guidance. The only published approaches require tracking overhead a VOR on the neighboring island of Skopelos, tracking outbound for 10dme on a radial, before making a turn back towards Skiathos to intercept an offset NDB track into the bay adjacent to the airport. It certainly required a load of button mashing and overriding of the MCDU driven flight modes to pull it off, but thankfully after a 2 hour 59 block to block trip down from Gatwick- it all came together beautifully at the far end!

Screenshot-12782.png

Screenshot-12790.png

Screenshot-12789.png

Screenshot-12792.png

Screenshot-12794.png

Screenshot-12798.png

Screenshot-12799.png

Screenshot-12802.png

PS- Is anyone else finding postimg extremely slow to upload images to at the moment? Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Geez I'm glad you knew what you were doing.:)

All I know is BTW, LOL, OMG, and arrr something else.:D

Haha, it was really just a convoluted visual approach. Thanks for the comments fellas!

Nice explanation of the 'convoluted visual approach' :D I enjoyed the shots of your journey down to Skiathos, and I really like that shot out one of the passenger windows with the airbrakes extended. Nice detail :) 

Landon

• Like 1