LIEO: Static aircraft in Olbia Costa use very low quality textures

Hello,

I love the Oblia Costa airport scenery, but the static aircraft use very low quality textures that it ruins the immersion, especially when parked next to them at the gate.

I hope they get updated.

PS: Is there an option to remove static aircraft from the scenery? I know it can be done via Orbx Central, but I purchased this via the in-game marketplace. Maybe a folder/files I can disable from the scenery folder?

Olbia1.jpg

Olbia2.jpg

Edited by fahdriyami
  • Upvote 1

Not a dev so I don't know the nuts and bolts but I would guess that the textures are just part of the XBox optimisation (and pc as well of course) that allows frame rates to be so good on even mid level machines.

It's important to maintain a sense of imagination in any flight sim, suspension of disbelief I call it.  If you see something that ruins the immersion, look the other way.  At least that's how I enjoy all the scenery I have in the sim.

Not buying Airports with static. The ignorance of many devs makes my wallet close. Just put a static.bgl in that I can delete. I dont need any other option. But beeing forced with stupid static AC even though I either fly with VATSIM or AIG makes such an airport completely useless

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Removing statics is not enough. The parking spots where the statics are also needs to be made available to be used by AI. So my wish for all developers is to also change the AFCAD file and not just remove the statics, otherwise there is no real benefit in removing them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

It is still not possible to remove the static aircraft at Lieo, but i am thinking to add an update with improvements and the possibility to remove the static aircrafts.

Regards

Thanks Matteo! Please consider changing the AirItaly livery to something like Neos?

12 hours ago, PeteThePilot said:

Removing statics is not enough. The parking spots where the statics are also needs to be made available to be used by AI. So my wish for all developers is to also change the AFCAD file and not just remove the statics, otherwise there is no real benefit in removing them.

True but at least the Airport is usable with VATSIM even without an AFCAD. But yes there should be a nostatic AFCAD included. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Freccia said:

I just bought LIEO for MSFS, is there just no way to get rid of static planes?

Thank you.

No, not currently. This needs to be provided by Matteo.

I too would like to disable static aircraft. But at the very least they should be given better quality textures, the current ones are rather low res with compression artefacts all over them. Not a pleasant sight when taxiing by. 

• Sad 2