Adding Custom Parking Spots at Burbank airport?

Hi everyone so I just purchased Orbx Burbank Airport yesterday and I've noticed that I don't have as many parking options as I do with the base airport.

I am wondering if its possible for me to add my own parking spot in front of a specific hanger that way I can select it from the world map and load in directly at that spot?

It's parking spot 42 on the default airport but it's not available on the Orbx one. 

8 hours ago, JanetB said:

I try to load the modLib.BGL file but it says its not a valid airport

Hi Janet,

Just seen this thread. The airport information is in the file 'xml placements.bgl' which I have successfully opened with the ADE 2020 Alpha (it seems very much hit and miss whether such files can be opened or not).

In terms of making changes I doubt if that's possible - unlike FSX\P3D this file now seems to contain far more than just the airport 'afcad' data. There is no longer a separate ADE file containing the information.

All the best,

John

It used to be so easy to just edit the afcad file back in FSX and P3D with ADE to get those parking codes, radiuses or update taxi links for your favorite free or payware airport. I probably edited 100s of airports back in the day. Now, although ADE is compatible with MSFS its just in my opinion too complicated.

I have tried to update a few both pay and free airports and although not complicated to open up for edit and the result I want actually gets done but airport buildings dissapear and all sort of other strange things happends to the airport. It seem much more data is stored in the ”afcad” file than before so more things can go wrong. Its just not worth it, at least not to me.

I'm not really across it myself in MSFS, but this post at FSDeveloper confirms that a spot can be added using ADE for MSFS, or the built in Dev mode.  

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/adding-a-parking-spot-to-a-default-airport.454223/

Following the steps in the ADE manual and/or posting any questions on how to do it in the ADE thread at FSDeveloper are probably the best bet.  Jon from Scruffyduck (ADE) is a staff member at FSDeveloper also, and is very helpful, as are many other users.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone thank you for your replies. For some reason whenever I try loading the correct "xml placements.bgl" file it says "ADE Has countered a problem loading this file" 

Seems to be a dead end there (or I'm not nearly smart enough to figure that out) 

Would anyone happen to know how to load in the Orbx airport In the built in devmode so I can make changes? is it just a matter of opening that XML placements file?