Extremely Slow Loading cars at Newcastle

I recently purchased EGNT for MSFS and when flying GA out of the airport, all the cars in the car parks load so slowly that they are even loading while directly overhead! It is a massive immersion killer. This is happening in the default C152, I can only imagine what it must be like with a more intense addon airctaft. Has anyone got any idea about how this can be addressed? Many thanks.

Edited by rockliffe

• rockliffe changed the title to Extremely Slow Loading Autogen at Newcastle

Hi Howard

I do see the same thing, and my first guess would be that it is caused by the sim and or the latest update. 

Maybe also submit a ticket using the below link, it will then get better captured in the system as an issue, and is becoming the popular go to for product support.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Howard

I do see the same thing, and my first guess would be that it is caused by the sim and or the latest update. 

Maybe also submit a ticket using the below link, it will then get better captured in the system as an issue, and is becoming the popular go to for product support.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sure, will do Doug. Thanks.

• Like 1

I’ve noticed this as well. It is especially noticeable when flying towards the airport car parks. I think it’s an issue with the sim update and not the Orbx scenery. Hopefully SU7 will fix this popping issue.

Regards to all,

John.

Hello,

this is the reply I wrote on the ticket:

Hello,

this seems to be the result of MSFS having been tuned for the XBox.

They are a part of the scenery though, autogen appears to work as expected.

I will ask the developer what, if anything can be done.

I have edited the topic title to reflect the actual subject.

• Thanks 1

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Extremely Slow Loading cars at Newcastle
37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this is the reply I wrote on the ticket:

I have edited the topic title to reflect the actual subject.

Hi Nick, thanks for the info. As it is the only airport that I have noticed this happen, I would hope this can be sorted. :)

Hello,

MSFS is a constantly changing environment for all developers, there is ample evidence of this at the Avsim forum and no doubt many others.

I doubt very much whether the product is payware or not is something that was considered when optimising MSFS for the XBox which is

when this anomaly appeared.

My point is that the anomaly is widespread, even to the point of affecting "default" airports, something that most observers would find a little odd.

I have asked the developer if there is a solution.

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

MSFS is a constantly changing environment for all developers, there is ample evidence of this at the Avsim forum and no doubt many others.

I doubt very much whether the product is payware or not is something that was considered when optimising MSFS for the XBox which is

My point is that the anomaly is widespread, even to the point of affecting "default" airports, something that most observers would find a little odd.

I will wait with anticipation Nick. Thanks.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:20 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hi Nick, any idea where we are with this? Thanks.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

we are at the developer has been sent the question and has not yet replied.

Hi Nick, it's been two weeks since my original request and a week since you contacting the dev and no reply. Any idea what the score is? BTW, I thought EGNT was an inhouse product, no? Look forward to your reply, thanks.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:46 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

we are at the developer has been sent the question and has not yet replied.

Hi Nick, I seem to be getting nowhere with this, and I don't think it's unreasonable for me or anyone else to be getting a little frustrated. I submitted a support request via the official channels and was told to pursue the issue on this thread. I am disappointed at the lack of information regarding this. I have been away from simming for a while and only recently started getting back into things. I remember when a support request was often answered by Orbx within a 24 hour period at most. This has been three weeks. I realise this is not down to you personally Nick, but the dev really should have replied to this ages ago, don't you agree? I look forward to receiving some information regarding this. Many thanks, Nick.

Edited by rockliffe

19 hours ago, rockliffe said:

Hi Nick, I seem to be getting nowhere with this, and I don't think it's unreasonable for me or anyone else to be getting a little frustrated. I submitted a support request via the official channels and was told to pursue the issue on this thread. I am disappointed at the lack of information regarding this. I have been away from simming for a while and only recently started getting back into things. I remember when a support request was often answered by Orbx within a 24 hour period at most. This has been three weeks. I realise this is not down to you personally Nick, but the dev really should have replied to this ages ago, don't you agree? I look forward to receiving some information regarding this. Many thanks, Nick.

I would be thinking that the answer isn't simple and may not be covered in the SDK.  For example, in a recent test, I noted that in normal monitor view all the cars in an airport display correctly, but in VR a bunch of cars flash strobe-like, and another bunch of cars display as shapeless blobs until directly overhead. There's no clue for the devs why this is that I'm aware of. 

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

I would be thinking that the answer isn't simple and may not be covered in the SDK.  For example, in a recent test, I noted that in normal monitor view all the cars in an airport display correctly, but in VR a bunch of cars flash strobe-like, and another bunch of cars display as shapeless blobs until directly overhead. There's no clue for the devs why this is that I'm aware of. 

I just loaded a flight at EGNT and took off runway 25, as I climbed out the carparks are basically empty, there are a few cars in one small carpark but they appear well before being noticeable on climb out.

Perhaps somehow the scenery has been modified recently so the carpark that was full of cars is now empty?  I run my vehicle density at 6% which provides adequate cars in the roads.  If I move the slider up to 100% I get lots of stroboscopic flashing cars.

Here's what I'm seeing.

EGNT1.thumb.png.4abb140f3d3c1dad07fd75edc696222e.png

Indeed John, thanks for taking the time to jump in and offer some feedback. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the developer to give some similar explanation to a customer/customers who have bought their product, when there is an obvious issue, and not just ignore them. I have been perfectly polite in my posts by simply explaining the situation. If I knew the airport was sub par before purchasing, I would not have done so. I see it is still being sold on Orbx Central.....?

Hello,

I have asked the developer and he has not replied.

As you may or may not be aware, MSFS is a constantly changing environment and the recent updates, intended

in the main for best compatibilty with XBox, have introduced some features that are not to the liking of PC users.

This early disappearance and late appearance of small objects is one such feature.

if you feel that this issue is important enough to justify a refund, please apply for one using a support ticket.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have asked the developer and he has not replied.

As you may or may not be aware, MSFS is a constantly changing environment and the recent updates, intended

in the main for best compatibilty with XBox, have introduced some features that are not to the liking of PC users.

This early disappearance and late appearance of small objects is one such feature.

if you feel that this issue is important enough to justify a refund, please apply for one using a support ticket.

This reflects well on you Nick, but IMO shines a poor light on the dev team. Many thanks.

Edited by rockliffe

2 hours ago, rockliffe said:

This reflects well on you Nick, but IMO shines a poor light on the dev team. Many thanks.

I have to disagree most strongly.  The dev team spent many many hours developing this airport to a high standard and made many many alterations in response to beta testing and in response to some performance issues after release.  At the time is was developed using the tools provided by the MSFS developers the cars were a working feature of the airport and performed as intended.  Then Asobo in their wisdom made changes to the coding that resulted in many objects, not just cars, only appearing as you get unreasonably close, including many taxiway signs, windsocks, fence elements and a lot of ground equipment at airports.  These cars are just more visible.

To test the effect of the popping cars during a normal circuit I just completed a RH circuit from 25 and a LH circuit from 07.  The RH circuit I didn't notice the cars until I was on downwind and as I noticed them I looked away briefly at the instruments and when I looked back they were in place and no longer a distraction.

The LH circuit from 07, the carpark started to fill as I got to the point where I needed to start the descent and I concentrated on the instruments etc as I should and the popping cars didn't really figure.

During RPT operations and non-circuit work, when you're departing or arriving straight out, the carparks don't even figure in normal scenery and cockpit viewing unless you're fixated on them.

I'm sure eventually the issue will be resolved but while Asobo continue to make these sort of changes to the coding it is unreasonable to expect the developers to drop everything and try and figure out a solution when they have been broadsided by the changes made to compromise the sim for the XBox crowd.

17 minutes ago, John Dow said:

I have to disagree most strongly.  The dev team spent many many hours developing this airport to a high standard and made many many alterations in response to beta testing and in response to some performance issues after release.  At the time is was developed using the tools provided by the MSFS developers the cars were a working feature of the airport and performed as intended.  Then Asobo in their wisdom made changes to the coding that resulted in many objects, not just cars, only appearing as you get unreasonably close, including many taxiway signs, windsocks, fence elements and a lot of ground equipment at airports.  These cars are just more visible.

To test the effect of the popping cars during a normal circuit I just completed a RH circuit from 25 and a LH circuit from 07.  The RH circuit I didn't notice the cars until I was on downwind and as I noticed them I looked away briefly at the instruments and when I looked back they were in place and no longer a distraction.

The LH circuit from 07, the carpark started to fill as I got to the point where I needed to start the descent and I concentrated on the instruments etc as I should and the popping cars didn't really figure.

During RPT operations and non-circuit work, when you're departing or arriving straight out, the carparks don't even figure in normal scenery and cockpit viewing unless you're fixated on them.

I'm sure eventually the issue will be resolved but while Asobo continue to make these sort of changes to the coding it is unreasonable to expect the developers to drop everything and try and figure out a solution when they have been broadsided by the changes made to compromise the sim for the XBox crowd.

Hi John, I take on board everything you say and appreciate your support, but my point has nothing to do with the effort put into developing the scenery or the integrity of everyone involved, but the fact that after three weeks I have not received an acknowledgement of any kind from the developer.  ;)

Edited by rockliffe
  • Like 2

Yes I got that but at the same time I think the role of the devs is to make scenery and correct errors, and this is not an error in the scenery. 

If the error is introduced by Asobo, it's not necessarily the job of the dev to respond to questions about the problem.  Other support staff can help, the dev is probably devoting all their efforts in creating the next scenery. If an Asobo created problem has a solution, the dev will, I'm sure, be passed any  fixes that can be applied to the product. 

• Like 1