Iris Jabiru Trim issues

I have sent a request off to IRIS systems today but am posting this in case other have the same issue. I have seen that IRIS does not seem to be very responsive to some of the support requests  that I have reviewed on this site so it will be interesting to see if they respond promptly to this issue. I understand that this in not an Orbx product but never the less I bought the product from you  (Orbx) so I am posting this here.

The issue:-

On the Jabiru 160 /170  version 1.45 (which I think is the current version):

The trim assignment when an axis is used - as distict from a key assignment - is reversed since MSFS update 5, so forward trim / nose down is actually giving a nose up movement. This is as compared to MSFS included aircraft ie C152 etc.

The keyboard assignment seems to work as normal. I have seen a similar issue on one other aircraft (which has now been fixed).

Any feedback would be of interest from existing Jabiru users.

Brian

IRIS has been in touch, they seem to prefer Facebook / messenger for interaction rather than email. An update is in the pipeline but no date as yet. BTW they are not alone many planes seem to have the reversed trim/axis issue - another V5 update issue it seems.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As of October 9th Iris still have not updated their product, I again asked and was told we are going to update but no idea when. Customer service does not seem to be their priority so quite honestly I will not be buying again from them and frankly I would not recommend others to do so. 

Very dissappointing. 

9 hours ago, pilot100 said:

And as a final note I see that Iris has taken the Jabiru off their own website so that does not exactly instill confidence in the long term support for their products.

I would think it has more to do with Orbx Central being the best platform for their needs, but who knows?