10-15fbs drop With Sydney update.

11 minutes ago, MurrayD said:

Getting the same unfortunately. Big drop in fps over the city.

RTX 3080, i9 10900kf @ 5, 32 g ram @3200. 4k res. High-end settings.

Cheers.

Thanks for reply, good to know it's not just me and you are on a much better system.

• Like 1

Same here, down to 10fps over the harbour area and at the airport since the recent update.  Same system spec as previous poster: RTX3080; i9-10900kf.  Unlike most current sim limitations that are main-thread driven, this one seems to be caused by 100% GPU-load in the Sydney area

Edited by idaniel1983
More details
  • Upvote 1

Don't think I saw this when I tested the update, but I'll have to revisit it. 

In the meantime I suggest you clear any scenery cache, and also files like content.xml etc. Pretty sure a quick search here will supply the names of relevant files and folders. 

• Thanks 1

I cannot replicate the fps loss with v1.1.0.

While my PC specs are not as high as a couple of the users in this topic, I am still getting 45-50 fps in that area.

As @John Dow suggests, a clearing of the cache and Content.xml may assist is revitalising the scenery to previously experienced fps rates.

I use the Addon Linker facility which only injects symbolic links for addons into the Community folder so that all addons are not directly installed but go into a sort of Library which i call MSFS Addons. from that folder I add, via a symbolic Link, any addon I want to fly in that flight based on the region I am having a flight in.

The bottom line is that I can move any copy I have installed in that folder to another safe location. In this instance I moved my v1.0.0  of Sydney  and installed the newer update. By doing that it allows me to revert back to a previous version should any update to any addon prove to have any significant negative impact. In this case i found no adverse negative impact but understand some people obviously are.

I give a full account of how this works in the link below:

6 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Hi there, I have just found the cause (a last minute change to the Harbour Bridge). Will be fixed asap.

Yes thank you Frank! Also thanks to everyone who responded and thanks to Jon for the tips on addons. My testing with this led me to believe it was something like what Frank found.

Love your products.

15 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Hi there, I have just found the cause (a last minute change to the Harbour Bridge). Will be fixed asap.

I have the same FSP drop problem on v1.1. The FSP is only 10 when fly close and over Sydney downtown area. Please fix it ASAP. Thanks a lot.

Steve

Would also just like to report an FPS drop since the last update. Seems directly tied to the new theme park area beside the bridge. But the new additions look amazing. But I think the new update is starting to reach people's limits on VRAM or RAM. Not quite sure what's causing the slow down.

Just flew all around the harbour and dawdled around the bridge and Luna Park and performance on my machine is first class.  No frame rate drop, smooth as silk.

I don't use scenery cache anymore, and recently I deleted all the suggested files such as Content.xml to refresh the sim.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

Just flew all around the harbour and dawdled around the bridge and Luna Park and performance on my machine is first class.  No frame rate drop, smooth as silk.

I don't use scenery cache anymore, and recently I deleted all the suggested files such as Content.xml to refresh the sim.

What is your PC spec?

On 7/1/2021 at 12:59 PM, Frank Schnibben said:

Thanks Frank, very welcome. I'm another victim. While the scenery, notably the harbor and the city center, looks stunning beyond imagination, fps dropped to 10-15 for me, too. It was up to > 20-25 as soon as I left the city center. This was under VR.

All cacheing is off on my system

Kind regards, Michael