Look at the shallow water to my right, and I never knew, there were 'tent campers' in any of the PNW scenery!

Orbx Flyer

The water shallows to my right have 'depth of field' that you can see 'down' into the water at the bottom sand.   This abounds everywhere. I can't wait to try out flights in the Caribbean. I haven't even left PNW much.  Having a blast...thanks Orbx for great scenery, and THANK YOU L.M. for FINALLY somebody putting out a full feature flight simulator, that you can SEE what you paid for those many years ago!   Thank YOU! (bowing, hand's touching ground...) Thank you!

2021-6-24-13-13-10-664.jpg

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nice composition, even my old eyes can spot the tent:)

If you look along the top of the wing from left to right & keep gazing to the right until you reach the trees & ground you will see what I would describe as 'blotchy' ground.

One of the main difficulties I had with P3D, (& now & then in MFSF), is that ground textures viewed from a short to medium distance sometimes appear to be difficult to represent accurately. Often they are blurry, or non descript.

Have you noticed any improvement by going to v5.2?

TTM

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice composition, even my old eyes can spot the tent:)

If you look along the top of the wing from left to right & keep gazing to the right until you reach the trees & ground you will see what I would describe as 'blotchy' ground.

One of the main difficulties I had with P3D, (& now & then in MFSF), is that ground textures viewed from a short to medium distance sometimes appear to be difficult to represent accurately. Often they are blurry, or non descript.

Have you noticed any improvement by going to v5.2?

TTM

I have seen this to some degree when very close to what Orbx might want sand and gravel patches to look like. In the scene though, it doesn't take away from the whole picture, at least for me.  This is not all the time, but on some of the smaller islands, where green forestry is sparse, you might see this. Not a game stopper at all.  I hardly focus on it, as a singularity. If I had to guess, I'd say that that was a low rez texture asset, and not an inability for P3D 5.2 to realize better and more formed/clear. I think this has to be tweaked by Orbx....

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1