EGTB Wycombe

Jack Sawyer

First of all I want to apologize for this very unlikely scenario, I know it's the wrong livery :(

I visited High Wycombe when I was stationed there in the 1980's, wonderful place, wonderful people, and wonderful beer!

YFmZW4h.jpg

fhTlWVI.jpg

tFULTpD.jpg

I thought these next two represent England in all its beauty.  I really miss this place.

Zbew1gg.jpg

rbI94S0.jpg

L0sLQ5d.jpg

iBxVYG1.jpg

Nice, but you won't get many of them parked up at booker :lol: and there'll be flak from the glider crews for ruining the grass. I flew IRL from there in Blanik, Pirat and Pilatus and the grass is lovely.

As for the arguments about landing fees - good luck.

Oh, and even though my brother is an aviation geek too, living just beyond runway 06 him and the neighbours might have a word or two...

Lovely fun shots, Jack.

2 minutes ago, EagleSkinner said:

Nice, but you won't get many of them parked up at booker :lol: and there'll be flak from the glider crews for ruining the grass. I flew IRL from there in Blanik, Pirat and Pilatus and the grass is lovely.

As for the arguments about landing fees - good luck.

Oh, and even though my brother is an aviation geek too, living just beyond runway 06 him and the neighbours might have a word or two...

Lovely fun shots, Jack.

Thanks kind sir.  I got permission from all of them.  Any damage to the grass will be repaired by my virtual friends :)

BTW - I love Booker too. Saw a few airshows there, flew gliders from there (in the 70's and 80's)

Talking of improbable landing sites, I seem to recall a big Russian military cargo type thingy landed in Dhekelia, Cyprus on the army airstrip - normally used by helicopters and Beavers. They only got that out by stripping it empty and almost zero fuel for a hop to Larnaka, where it was reunited with cargo, pax and fuel for it's onward. Aparently it was aiming at an airport in the Northern half of the island. ooops. Just after the Turkish invasion. So I guess getting an airbus out of Booker was no real big thing.

26 minutes ago, EagleSkinner said:

BTW - I love Booker too. Saw a few airshows there, flew gliders from there (in the 70's and 80's)

Talking of improbable landing sites, I seem to recall a big Russian military cargo type thingy landed in Dhekelia, Cyprus on the army airstrip - normally used by helicopters and Beavers. They only got that out by stripping it empty and almost zero fuel for a hop to Larnaka, where it was reunited with cargo, pax and fuel for it's onward. Aparently it was aiming at an airport in the Northern half of the island. ooops. Just after the Turkish invasion. So I guess getting an airbus out of Booker was no real big thing.

Wow, I would have loved to see that, this is cool stuff.

Archived