A little jaunt around Lanzarote ....

renault

Just a few ..... We visited Lanzarote many, many years ago now.  A absolutely fascinating place.

I remember having a very memorable meal at a restaurant having the most innovative oven I have ever seen.  Lanzarote is volcanic, and the heat is still very close to the surface.

So the restaurant excavated a large hole about 4 m across and about 20 m deep. There were grills placed at different levels where the meat was placed and a pulley an hook system to retrieve the food when it was done. 

Just to explain how hot the ground was, the restaurant used a shovel to lightly scrap up some "topsoil" rock around the perimeter of the oven  and asked if you could hold some in your hand. Foolishly I said , "of course" ..... lasted about 5 seconds!  Incredibly hot :)

So on with some screenshots

All are XPlane and TE Canary Islands and are straight from the "V" key to here. No post processing allowed :o

Hope you enjoy my little journey

Cheers

Pete

VzeKgNi.jpg

tQPIIDS.jpg

JKp92DY.jpg

Nice remnant of a volcanic cone just off to the left .... 

BPsk8ND.jpg

tWSUWHC.jpg

bq30NYa.jpg

3LLAZfP.png

The "black stuff" is called Picon.  It is volcanic ash from volcanic eruptions in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is very widespread and usually black, although by Playa Blanca

it takes on a reddish hue.

It is put onto fields by the local farmers to help their crops.  It prevents soil erosion (Lanzarote is incredibly windy), works well as a weed barrier, helps to prevent evaporation (Lanzarote depends completely on rainfall for all its water), and actually helps to water the soil .  The stones warm during the day and cool at night , absorbing moisture from the night air.  In some parts it is mined , then graded to ensure a uniform stone size.

n2RKWN2.jpg

Fm3Tufl.jpg

eZrRRdE.png

IzG5GwG.png

The village of Yaiza and the Caldera Riscada

d08GYLP.jpg

Up close and personal ....

a68z4il.jpg

Cheers!

muLDCqY.png

But - and my post on the topic at length in the XPL Discussion topic - is that the colours are just very very wrong. Much too green, no pink and red around Timanfaya etc.

Lanzarote is just NOT this colour - in any light. And those white spots (decals) - terrible.

Hopefully Tony will be addressing this soon.

Some image tweaking at Lanzarote.

I had been bothered by hazy XP11 shots & have reduced the haze by moving the weather out further, & reducing a 'Fog' parameter in the Parnik Advanced Rendering Tool, that I am using.

In the 1st shot the left half is 'default' XP11 & the right half is after I increased brightness, & reduced the red slightly & pulled fog back.

The 2nd shot is a bit pale IMHO & is tweaked the same as the RHS of the 1st shot.

I think Pete, looking at your shots, if I was going to tweak them I would be considering easing back the Green.

(Of course none of this accounts for individual color blindness & screen color balance. What you see may not be what I see) :)

TTM

(XP11.51)

aa-66.jpg

aa-67.jpg

Archived