A few Snaps at KSBA using Rex Weather Force

renault

Just playing around a bit with my new toy. My test area for everything in MS2020 is KSBA, Santa Barbara

I have to say , that it takes the immersion factor to an entirely new level

What I like most about it is that even though I used a summer thunderstorm preset for this sequence, the weather is not static. Clouds move due to the wind, the cloud cover and cloud shapes change over time. It is very realistic . And the sound of the thunder .... Well it even got my wife asking what on earth was I doing :rolleyes:

It's quite easy to use , as long as you follow the sequence. Start up Weather Force in standby mode, then start MS and leave weather set to clear skies. Then select either real time weather or one  of the dynamic weather presets in Weather force and then click the green inject button. It takes about 30 seconds for weather injection to complete and then you have dynamic weather.

The other caveat is read the install instructions completely through before you use it.  You do need to ensure that it has access through the windows fire wall and that virus scanning is disabled for the folder for it to work properly.  And aside from that it is intuitive and very easy  to use. :)

It had no impact on system performance on my system, but individual mileage may vary .....  

And for Craig @craigeaglefire , here you are mate ... First screenshots :)

Cheers

Pete

I started out with real weather, but as luck would have it ......:rolleyes:

Clear skies .... just perfect :(

3ghmgjQ.png

So I changed aircraft and selected the Summer Thunderstorm preset, but it is a dynamic preset

I just let the sim run and took screenshots to show how the weather changed over time.  

W7EaQJq.png

SvMofxh.png

Clouds darkened as the storm approached

Xj4LNjA.png

wWJVhs1.png

a6N3Cj2.png

J6s7LIH.png

wTJJkGa.png

GHEE3U4.png

ZvP2HOW.png

huAYiMA.png

I do quite like the cloud rendering... it seems quite well done and an improvement on the default settings for various themes

TcsaKvt.png

I have had this product from day one and it vastly improves over the Live WX of MSFS . I need to try one their dynamic

presets , I have been still trying out all the presets from SoFly’s WPP . Anyway grand example’s Pete of what the 

program is capable of . 

impressive skyscapes, Pete!

you beat me to using the Dynamic preset function - works great as shown by your sequence.

& also looking forward to when Weather Force has historical data.

Weather Force adds a whole new dimension (Metar based) to the inbuilt MFS Live Weather (forecast based).

So pleased this product is now available in the Orbx store.

Have an inkling that some tremendous screenshots are incoming soon!

Nice set Pete.

Could you elucidate on what RWF does cf SoFly?

I think SoFly takes the MSFS 'not live' weather & creates Preset situations with it, snow flurries, Tropical storms etc?

Does RWF use 'Live ' weather, or just take MSFS not-live weather & configure it, like SoFly?

Thanks

TTM

PS- I got off my b-tt & read the marketing blurbs. It is ostensibly Real Time.

Interesting that there is no price adjustment from Rex for, say, owning P3D Rex Sky Force.

Anyway Pete - the acid test. Does it do Plausible Snow, (PS)

Everyone has their purchase trigger.

For me re weather programs its PS:)

If you fly through an area that is currently snowing, does the snow show up?

Blast, we have cross posted!

10 hours ago, BradB said:

I have had this product from day one and it vastly improves over the Live WX of MSFS . I need to try one their dynamic

presets , I have been still trying out all the presets from SoFly’s WPP . Anyway grand example’s Pete of what the 

program is capable of . 

Thanks John. I am really enjoying it as well:)

Cheers

Pete 

10 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

They are very very good shots. Is it compatible for P3d?

cheers

Gumby

Hi Gumby

Thank you. Unfortunately it only is for MS2020 from what I have seen. After seeing your question I went through the manual again & also the website but no reference to other sims:(

Cheers

Pete 

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Take care:)

Pete

9 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

impressive skyscapes, Pete!

you beat me to using the Dynamic preset function - works great as shown by your sequence.

& also looking forward to when Weather Force has historical data.

Weather Force adds a whole new dimension (Metar based) to the inbuilt MFS Live Weather (forecast based).

So pleased this product is now available in the Orbx store.

Have an inkling that some tremendous screenshots are incoming soon!

Thanks Craig. You were right - it is a must have for immersion :)

See you!

Pete

19 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Pete.

Could you elucidate on what RWF does cf SoFly?

I think SoFly takes the MSFS 'not live' weather & creates Preset situations with it, snow flurries, Tropical storms etc?

Does RWF use 'Live ' weather, or just take MSFS not-live weather & configure it, like SoFly?

Thanks

TTM

Hi TTM

I have both & enjoy them both. 

The big difference is that in SoFly’s the weather presets are completely static.  In RWF, they change with time - clouds drift with the winds,  skies darken,  the thunderstorm does its thing and move on etc.

In the screenshots , first it was raining,  then it changed and stopped as the storm approached,  the skies darkened and the lightning became more intense. I literally just let the aircraft sit and kept taking a screenshot every few minutes. Also when snowing,  snow depth increases with time with that preset. 

When flying with a preset it all changes as you continue to fly,  so it is very much like real life. 

I hope this gives more understanding. Doesnt mean at all that I would stop using SoFly’s,  its just another string on the "realism bow":)

Cheers 

Pete

2 minutes ago, renault said:

Thanks John. I am really enjoying it as well:)

Cheers

Pete 

Hi Gumby

Thank you. Unfortunately it only is for MS2020 from what I have seen. After seeing your question I went through the manual again & also the website but no reference to other sims:(

Cheers

Pete 

Thanks Iain

Take care:)

Pete

Thanks Craig. You were right - it is a must have for immersion :)

See you!

Pete

Hi TTM

I have both & enjoy them both. 

The big difference is that in SoFly’s the weather presets are completely static.  In RWF, they change with time - clouds drift with the winds,  skies darken,  the thunderstorm does its thing and move on etc.

In the screenshots , first it was raining,  then it changed and stopped as the storm approached,  the skies darkened and the lightning became more intense. I literally just let the aircraft sit and kept taking a screenshot every few minutes. Also when snowing,  snow depth increases with time with that preset. 

When flying with a preset it all changes as you continue to fly,  so it is very much like real life. 

I hope this gives more understanding. Doesnt mean at all that I would stop using SoFly’s,  its just another string on the "realism bow":)

Cheers 

Pete

So we have refinements to the presets.

SoFly static, RWF dynamic.

Ok, from what I read at Rex & Orbx, one can theoretically search RWF for real time, lets say snow, & find it & kick off your flight there. & the flakes will appear like magic??

Oddly, I thought what Rex is doing is what the original weather partner for Asobo, was meant to do?

TTM

Well I raided "Le Banque de Porc" & picked up RWF.

Via Orbx, which, BTW is not yet listed as as Seller on the Rex site. 

That aside, I have spent the last 30 minutes or so following my nose around the options & so far I am happy with it.

I searched for live weather snow & it offered a list of airfields with current live snow conditions.

I chose an airport in Canada & ventured out in the M20R.

There was snow on the ground & the atmosphere was 'full" of fine particulate, [aerosol]?, & the light very diffused.

No big floaty flakes yet.

Shortly after takeoff the M20R was icing up spectacularly.

I then paused & switched to a Dynamic preset for a cold clear day & it took about less than a minute to kick in. Thunderstorms were tried, [spectacular], & then I went back to live weather & found I was leaving the snow conditions behind.

Very favorable 1st impressions.

TTM

Archived