The A.I. Ship Package V1...just installed, MSFS

Orbx Flyer

Be sure to transfer over these files to also, your P3D 4 and 5.   More boats...!  More Routes!

Backwards compatible!

Add all content from 

MSFS zip Effects  to Effects  4 and 5

MSFS zip Scenery to Scenery/World/Scenery 4 and 5

MSFS zip SimObjects to same

MSFS zip Animals       to same

and place contents into:

their P3D 4 and 5 counterparts.  When asked to overwrite,  agree.  You now have the most current A.I. Boats and added animals, into---> P3D 4 and 5 as well!

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Have you got any plans to add cruise ships? Or are they in this package and I haven't seen any

There are cruise ships!   For instance,  they spawn out in the channel around PNW.   Fly out of  Orbx KORS, head west over the channels, and you will see them dispersed within cargo ships and ships under sail. Be sure to set both pleasure and ships and ferries to 6 percent on the slides.

Just a reminder, for both P3D 4 and 5, you set the slide to no more than 12 percent.  That will give you all the custom boats, and will not spawn 100 percent of the P3D native.

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Nick Cooper changed the title to The A.I. Ship Package V1...just installed, MSFS
  • 5 months later...

I have tried on many settings the official release Of ships AI and the second part and I have flow in Sydney and elsewhere and no difference?

can you confirm how to install what settings and do I need to buy Orbx scenery like Sydney for  it to even work ? 

there is no basic default ? 

help pls 

In the Sim, go to options. Then General Options.

From the menu on the left select Traffic

Under Land And Sea Traffic move the sliders for Leisure Boats to 100.  Move the slider for Ships and Ferries to 100.

The Enhanced AI replaces the stock Asobo vessels.  Setting the Leisure Boats to 100 will show small craft and sailing ships on the coast near to population areas.

Global Shipping adds a couple of extra models and also adds sea lane routes.  You have to look for those craft out in the ocean afaik.

Henrik's Global AI shipping also adds sea lane traffic but since SU5 has been causing lots of lag spike so I'd recommend removing that one, as it also clashes with Seafronts Global Shipping, as they both inject sea lane traffic.

Seafront recommend the value of 80-100 but I prefer 100

Edited by Crom UK
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crom UK said:

In the Sim, go to options. Then General Options.

From the menu on the left select Traffic

Under Land And Sea Traffic move the sliders for Leisure Boats to 100.  Move the slider for Ships and Ferries to 100.

The Enhanced AI replaces the stock Asobo vessels.  Setting the Leisure Boats to 100 will show small craft and sailing ships on the coast near to population areas.

Global Shipping adds a couple of extra models and also adds sea lane routes.  You have to look for those craft out in the ocean afaik.

Henrik's Global AI shipping also adds sea lane traffic but since SU5 has been causing lots of lag spike so I'd recommend removing that one, as it also clashes with Seafronts Global Shipping, as they both inject sea lane traffic.

Seafront recommend the value of 80-100 but I prefer 100

I have tried this but still

no ships. I am flying in Brisbane right now and nothing 

Any other ideas? 

Have you purchased anything else from Orbx central and if so does that work?   

When you install via Orbx Central it offers you two install locations, are all your Orbx Central purchases installed in the same location?

You can check if the sim is seeing the seafront content by looking in your content.xml if so you should have an entry like this:

<Package name="seafront-sightseeing-vessels-core" active="true"/>

If there are no seafront entries in your content.xml then the sim is not seeing the location of where you have installed the product.

I don't have any scenery around Brisbane, sorry I also don't know the area so I loaded in at random over Port Brisbane with Ships/Ferries and Leisure boats at 100% and saw four or five vessels straight away and I don't have the Global Shipping.

There wasn't a lot but they were easily seen.

KElO6G6.png

AB9zlmU.pngvexthaU.png

There is a post on the official MS forum where another user has been experiencing the same issue.  This user had now reported it resolved with the following steps:

Ok, I experimented some more:

• Shut down sim
  • Uninstalled all Seafront products (they where installed into Orbx Central “Library”).
  • Restarted sim. Still no ships around Gibraltar
  • Shut down sim, reinstalled Seafront Enhanced AI (this time into Orbx Central “Simulator”)
  • Restarted and now I could see the occasional sail boat and also a single Maersk container freighter on its way into the Atlantic
  • Shut down sim, installed Seafront Global Shipping (also into Orbx Central “Simulator”)
  • Restarted and now the Gibraltar straight was dotted with ships, small and large.