Orbx TE England for Microsoft Flight Simlulator 2020

steveb

It may have well been asked before but are there any planes by Orbx to improve on the default scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Whilst the new sim has fantastic potential the UK scenery seems to suffer from a lack of POI's and the problem with all the high rise buildings dotted all over the countryside which for me spoils the excellent graphics and the enjoyment.

I would support this, even in a broader context.

We now have numerous POIs on flightsim.to where you can invest hours into downloading single stadiums, TV towers, monuments and whatnot, cluttering your /Community folder. Large-area POI packs, say ranged comparable to the former FTX or TE packages, would be certainly highly welcomed and well-received.

Kind regards, Michael

I'd love to see Oxbx TE England for MSFS, but I think technically that might be very difficult even if Orbx is willing to do it. Think of the difference in data and file structure. A very small area or some landmarks are easier to do, but the coverage as big as England...I don't hold much hope.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, yanlaoge said:

'd love to see Oxbx TE England for MSFS, but I think technically that might be very difficult even if Orbx is willing to do it. Think of the difference in data and file structure. A very small area or some landmarks are easier to do, but the coverage as big as England...I don't hold much hope.

Is it really so much harder to do in MSFS, than it is in P3D or X-plane? The packs wouldn't have to mess with the ground textures, so in some ways wouldn't it be easier, or at least less time consuming, than a full TE product? Also, we are seeing whole city-packs already (London, Sydney, Mexico City, Washington etc), so surely those could be scaled up, as it were?

2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

There will be uptade for UK in World Update 3 on 28th of january https://www.flightsimulator.com/november-25th-2020-development-update/

This shows a potential issue with extended POI packages. Orbx may choose to make a POI package for country XYZ and half a year later an Asobo World Update of Country XYZ will render it useless. Even if Asobo will share their current plans with Orbx, these plans may be well subject to change over a longer term.

Kind regards, Michael

7 hours ago, pmb said:

This shows a potential issue with extended POI packages. Orbx may choose to make a POI package for country XYZ and half a year later an Asobo World Update of Country XYZ will render it useless. Even if Asobo will share their current plans with Orbx, these plans may be well subject to change over a longer term.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, that might be a tricky subject.

7 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Another option was  that Orbx is even involved in designing the UK world update. I just read this interesting post in the MSFS tps and tricks forum:

Archived