P3D - Notodden

TigerTigerM

With an MSFS version imminent, I thought I would have a look at the P3D variant.

Went in at dawn in a QW RJ100, which was an optimistic choice, given the length of the runway.

TTM

(P3D v4.5)

Early morning sun behind the aircraft.

nn-1.thumb.jpg.b840bac1990caa5b5cf459d4f87e077c.jpg

Steep approach necessitates air brakes.

dd-2.thumb.jpg.50d62c9e789be70ce9de8e39a1c90d95.jpg

Still bleeding off speed.

dd-3.thumb.jpg.696f27bc7fcdb13307e016764c73ce39.jpg

Perhaps I dropped too much speed, just cleared the fence.

dd-4.thumb.jpg.fec66dcc3faf10966edc9536fb9f4896.jpg

Looks like the road barrier is in place. Do they move it or lower it for flight arrivals??

dd-5.thumb.jpg.6704c6f1eb6a6a82ef7c950954d6a45e.jpg

You'll be excited to hear they extended the runway last year! So let's hope we get some small jets in MSFS soon, and you'll be able to land just fine :)

They actually move the concrete blocks whenever there's a scheduled commercial airplane coming in. Typically Beech 200's and sometimes the Rnoaf C130 Hercules.

-- Finn

17 hours ago, Finni Hansen said:

You'll be excited to hear they extended the runway last year! So let's hope we get some small jets in MSFS soon, and you'll be able to land just fine :)

They actually move the concrete blocks whenever there's a scheduled commercial airplane coming in. Typically Beech 200's and sometimes the Rnoaf C130 Hercules.

-- Finn

Do they drag the bricks off the runway with the ropes, or is it a bit more sophisticated than that?

& will the brick/rope arrangement show permanently on the runway in MSFS, or will there be periods when the entire runway is clear of arrestor cables?:)

TTM

Hah, I'm not sure really. Have never actually seen it happen. I guess forklift and trailer maybe?

And yeah, they are permanent for now (No crashbox though) For P3D we could use Objectflow to remove them but we have nothing like that for MSFS yet..

Archived