After Today's patch no content

The first official Patch out but after installation I dont see my Orbx content (MSFS tab "Installed").

Example (I did verify files, looks ok for me):

ORgfQOBm.jpg

Tab "Installed" in MSFS 1.7.140 v (before this update was ok, I saw here addons, now I dont see):

EidAKssm.jpg

I also tried all of the above (including another reinstall of Orbx Central) and once again confirmed that Orbx Central is happy by using the Verify Files option and still London and OG20 won't show as installed in MSFS. They did before the update.

12 minutes ago, Donka said:

Might not be related but the patch notes recommend a clean install of MSFS for those who have installation issues. 

https://www.flightsimulator.com/patch-version-1-7-14-0-is-now-available/

Yep but I dont have Orbx files in MSFS main folder, just on different place on second disc. If you reinstall it (I didnt it but see posts of the others) this issue is still present.

I would enable developer mode then check the virtual file system from the menu options to check which folders are being monitored for new content. I wonder if there is an issue with that getting wiped during the patch update. 

9 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

I'm seeking clarification from MS but it is our assumption that only content purchased directly from the MS Marketplace will appear under the Official Content. 

OK thank you for your answer. It would be nice if it was visible (like before this patch, so its possible), if we install with Orbx Direct, and if not, well, you will have to live with it :).

7 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Please try this.

First Uninstall Orbx Central.

Then Delete the below folders

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central

Then Reinstall  Orbx Central.

One of the worst pieces of advice I have ever received: messed up my entire system. 

3 hours ago, SSAIR1 said:

One of the worst pieces of advice I have ever received: messed up my entire system. 

Impossible if you followed them correctly. If you deleted everything under:

C:\Users

That would cause problems for sure. That's not what he asked you to do. And the folders that he did ask you to delete ONLY contain data that Orbx Central cares about, not any other program on your system and certainly not Windows. So again, it is truly impossible for these instructions, followed correctly, to have messed up your entire system.

Having said that, and as someone who did technical support for nearly seven years writing literally thousands of step-by-step documents, I would advise taking great care when outlining steps that involve deleting files or folder. What may seem obvious to you might not be to a less experienced user. Guiding them to the folder you want them to delete step by step and then making it clear that you only want them to delete that particular folder takes more time, but it is less likely to lead to tears.

Who told you that I deleted everything in my root drive? My "system" consists of practically the entire Orbx catalog of products for P3D v4 and v5, MSFS, and X-Plane 11. I have custom modifications, i.e., external libraries for ObjectFlow to work on v5, that were impacted by the "suggested" steps. And guess what? The problem was NOT solved. 

Hello,

of course, those steps will reset Orbx Central back to default, that is the purpose of them.

They will not address the inability to see Orbx products in the Microsoft Marketplace or listed in

the "Official Content", which is nothing to do with Orbx Central at all.

You should be able to reinstate your libraries and "Sync Simulator" should restore your configuration files.

Archived