Scenery Config Tools

No there are no control panels at present to make that choice. I must admit though that the statics on offer look a bit more realistic than the non liveried MSFS planes when at an airport. Just my opinion at present:)

The devs will no doubt respond if a facility to choose static or not will be available.

36 minutes ago, Lee H said:

I'd prefer to have no statics at any scenery. I am disappointed I can't remove them, or, is there a way I can?

Lee

I also don’t like statics. Prefer having airports populated with just AI traffic so if we could turn them off or delete them I’d appreciate it

If you are going force us to use static airplanes I'm going to stop buying your scenery. I have no interest in airplanes that are only in the way, and are only blocking available parking spaces.

I'd hate that, because you have lovely airports, but I hate static airplanes even more.

Why are the answers from Orbx so unbecoming and such flippant disregard to us your loyal customers who keep you in business?  2020 is a total new adventure for all of us including you Orbx.  So a little humility would go a long way to keeping your loyal fan-base happy with maybe an apology for at the moment such low quality 2020 products from you.  We can understand that new tools have to be learned to get the quality up to Asobo standard, but please do not try to be superior over us your customers as you are not helping yourselves.  New companies are going to spring up and you need to keep us or you will find yourselves on the scrap heap of progress and out of work.  So come on Orbx pull your socks up we need you.

I hope Orbx do add the configure options to airports that have static aircraft at some point. It's very handy for those who fly online and don't want parking spots/gates etc being filled up with static aircraft. I think it's ok for now but when more 3rd party content is getting released and people start venturing onto VATSIM/IVAO then the static will probably want to be removed by a lot of people. 

On 8/19/2020 at 2:41 AM, Ed Correia said:

At this stage there are no plans for a control panel for MSFS products and Jon has hit the nail on the head for our reasoning of including this type detail at these early days.

I really like this idea.  This is a new sim, the old sims had older engine and performance would vary from computer to computer.  This makes it less complicated for this new sim. 

Click, install and enjoy the addon

On 8/19/2020 at 6:17 AM, Jon Clarke said:

No there are no control panels at present to make that choice. I must admit though that the statics on offer look a bit more realistic than the non liveried MSFS planes when at an airport. Just my opinion at present:)

The devs will no doubt respond if a facility to choose static or not will be available.

Jon, what happens when a new developer brings out a Traffic program, like Just Flight.  Are we going to see aircraft mating?

53 minutes ago, jaydor said:

Jon, what happens when a new developer brings out a Traffic program, like Just Flight.  Are we going to see aircraft mating?

I am afraid i cannot answer that for you as it is beyond my knowledge base and requires a dev to respond. I am hoping that Just Flight do a Traffic Global for MSFS as I am very happy with the XP version I use. It would certainly add more realism to the sim. I would hope that there would be something like an option to download a non static version or static version if and when a comprehensive ai traffic programme becomes available. In the meantime the current static planes with real world liveries  do add a sense of realism to the airports and they do not occupy all the parking spaces so it will allow, if there is any, the real live traffic to occupy the blank spots. We do have to consider that not all people want statics as well as wanting statics and are not interested in ai traffic programmes or ai traffic in general. It is hard to please all especially when dealing with a brand new sim. I am unsure if something like a Control Panel as used for XP addons is workable in MSFS. Again we need a dev response for that kind of detail.

@Greg Jones for a comment hopefully.

4 hours ago, jaydor said:

Why are the answers from Orbx so unbecoming and such flippant disregard to us your loyal customers who keep you in business?  2020 is a total new adventure for all of us including you Orbx.  So a little humility would go a long way to keeping your loyal fan-base happy with maybe an apology for at the moment such low quality 2020 products from you.you.

Hello,

thank you for your comments.

So far, I have seen no criticism of any of the released products except the London Buildings.

There are a few small detail fixes required to one or two of the airports but they are usable

and in most customers' opinions, look every bit as good as their predecessors.

Perhaps you would care to quote an instance of "flippant disregard" to back up your assertion

and we may be able to answer the allegation.

Perhaps it is not yet possible to make a control panel to add and remove static aircraft,

or perhaps it is, I certainly do not know.

At present there is no function available to allow us to control individual elements placed at each airport in the same way can with P3D or XP airports.

Developers have added static aircraft for as long as I can recall and for the vast majority of customers they cause no problems whatsoever and are considered a welcome addition. 

We do our best to accommodate all users and so we only place a handful of static aircraft, usually avoiding key parking positions, but that add just enough to the airport so that it doesn't feel empty.

Airports in MSFS are assembled in an entirely different manner to anything that has come before it. It presents us with exciting new capabilities and challenges. Among those challenges is having to re-learn and adapt to a new way of working. This process will take time and as we overcome those challenges, along with Asobo's ongoing development of the sim, I imagine you will see many new and novel features added to new and existing Orbx airports. No doubt one of those features will be the ability to control scenery elements individually.

As Jon said, we genuinely feel that the static real-world liveried aircraft add something that is sorely missing in the new sim. I expect by the time third party AI packages become available, that there will, hopefully, also be a way that we can give users the ability to disable airport elements. At the moment this function simply doesn't exist within the simulator.

Greg

I love static airplanes.  Do not give me empty airports.  I wish there as a tool for P3D that would put static airplanes in every airport and then I do not have waste resources for AI.  I am really surprised no one came up with that idea.

I love the Orbx people walking around even in default airports like for NZ-NI/SI

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

At present there is no function available to allow us to control individual elements placed at each airport in the same way can with P3D or XP airports.

Developers have added static aircraft for as long as I can recall and for the vast majority of customers they cause no problems whatsoever and are considered a welcome addition. 

We do our best to accommodate all users and so we only place a handful of static aircraft, usually avoiding key parking positions, but that add just enough to the airport so that it doesn't feel empty.

Airports in MSFS are assembled in an entirely different manner to anything that has come before it. It presents us with exciting new capabilities and challenges. Among those challenges is having to re-learn and adapt to a new way of working. This process will take time and as we overcome those challenges, along with Asobo's ongoing development of the sim, I imagine you will see many new and novel features added to new and existing Orbx airports. No doubt one of those features will be the ability to control scenery elements individually.

As Jon said, we genuinely feel that the static real-world liveried aircraft add something that is sorely missing in the new sim. I expect by the time third party AI packages become available, that there will, hopefully, also be a way that we can give users the ability to disable airport elements. At the moment this function simply doesn't exist within the simulator.

Greg

Would it be possible to have a completely different version without statics as a complete re-install?  I can tell you that when KBUR comes out if you have the same amount of statics as in the P3D version, that won't play at all.

Thanks for your replies

33 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

Would it be possible to have a completely different version without statics as a complete re-install?  I can tell you that when KBUR comes out if you have the same amount of statics as in the P3D version, that won't play at all.

Thanks for your replies

+1 

• 3 months later...

I just tested renaming static.BGL to static.OFF and they are gone. So much to we cant control elements in Airports in the new Sim. 

Static AC are terrible and if you google for "remove static AC" there are thousands others who share my opinion. I doenst matter what you devs feel. People hate it.

If you force them on us then my wallet stays closed. Simple like that

Static aircraft can be OK when they're out of the way and sparse.  When there's 1 or 2 out on the hard stand somewhere, that can be ok.  When they're taking up 3 out of the 4 only parking spots, it's to much.  

Also, most devs get the coloring way off.  Most look like they have a shiny silver appearance to them.  I don't know if it's due to the way they're developed, but they just don't look good.

Archived