Adam's Latest "Lut"

renault

Just a bit of an update on our latest little group activity @Adam Banks , @olderndirt in the XPlane world. Although Adam's latest lut was designed for GB, it actually works well in

other parts of the world.

Along with this and work we have been pursing on the lighting aspects of XPlane, we discovered that XPlane severely "clips" or "crushes"  blacks. This severely limited the actual

range at the lower end of the color spectrum. Fortunately this was ultimately easy to fix in Reshade

The following two screenshots show a comparison result. The first is just a standard daytime shot, but with an aircraft that is very black.

The second is a nighttime screenshot. You can see the result of getting all the "blacks back". Although the clouds don't glow they still are lit by the available ambient light and I 

have to say the screenshot doesn't do justice to flying XPlane now in the dark :).  .

Got my pre-ordering done for MS2020. Who would have thought we so rapidly would become spoilt for choice. ?

We are very fortunate indeed:)

Cheers

Pete 

for "the old simmers group"

XPlane 11.50 Vulkan Beta b17

San Diego - TE Southern California

Day - early morning

Ytztmtv.jpg

Night

T5ePQkL.jpg

On 8/16/2020 at 9:30 AM, Bermuda425 said:

What a wizard duo of shots!

Thanks!

Cheers

Pete

15 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Don''t have all the info but, from his picture, Adam doesn't look all that old. - hair, single chin and and all the youthful stuff.  Your shots, as always, are immaculate and no, I'm not paid to say that :rolleyes:.

Thanks, but as Alan Rickman said "It can be arranged ":rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice shots. :)

Thanks gents. It is very nice of you to say so.:)

It's one of the things I enjoy about this forum. Colleagues are  nice and friendly and its just a nice place to hang out.! 

Cheers

Pete

Archived