Beta15 Flyover

Adam Banks

19 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Adam...how do you like B15 when comparing to B14?  I just downloaded B15, and haven't yet taken it for a flight...

Too early to say ... I haven't even read the changelog yet!!! I've not had any problems with either b13 or b14 ... and no problems so far with b15. Looks gorgeous!

Adam.

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

they were saying last night, my local time that there was an issue and 16 may be out today (friday) but it depended on feedback.....Sidney from Laminar posted on XP.org.....

What issue was that?  I flew B15 today, and had no issues from start to finish of flight.  I can say that it is very smooth now...no stutters of any kind, and maintains your locked FPS settings on a mid-to-high (not state of the art) system.

4 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

What issue was that?  I flew B15 today, and had no issues from start to finish of flight.  I can say that it is very smooth now...no stutters of any kind, and maintains your locked FPS settings on a mid-to-high (not state of the art) system.

From what I could gather, I think there were some bugs with VR which I don't use) ... but there may have been something else ...

6 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

yeah as Adam said I think it was VR, I don't use it either......over on developer blog Ben and Sidney said they are probably looking at wrapping up 11.50 as there are in their words 'only a few minor bugs', for me it seems fine...

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah as Adam said I think it was VR, I don't use it either......over on developer blog Ben and Sidney said they are probably looking at wrapping up 11.50 as there are in their words 'only a few minor bugs', for me it seems fine...

At the risk of derailing my own thread, I'll have to chime in and say I like what I see in b15. It easily outperforms my P3Dv5 (and looks much better, IMHO)! I too wouldn't be surprised if the beta cycle comes to an end shortly. Does Laminar do Release Candidates - or do they just roll out the update?

Adam.

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

It does seem really 'vukan' smooth now...

54 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

At the risk of derailing my own thread, I'll have to chime in and say I like what I see in b15. It easily outperforms my P3Dv5 (and looks much better, IMHO)! I too wouldn't be surprised if the beta cycle comes to an end shortly. Does Laminar do Release Candidates - or do they just roll out the update?

Adam.

They usually do one or two R.C.'s Adam...

Archived