The Ugly Country - Part 2/7

Welcome aboard and thank you for continuing your journey with China Eastern Airlines! Our dispatchers did their best to find the optimal routing for our flight to Xi'an.

pkv5H6J.png

Xi'an is a historically important city in China's Shaanxi province (please never confuse with Shanxi province, which lies east of Shaanxi) and is most famous for these guys:

cROvmss.jpg

The army of his Majesty, Qin Shihuandi, the first emperor of China. He wasn't the nicest of all guys, but this may come with his profession. Cool hat anyway!

zb0CHwu.jpg

Let's line up on runway 17L:

sQxyIJo.jpg

Please note the Chinese habit of having a very clear delimitation between city and countryside, exemplified by the case of Shanghai:

AggLZ7X.jpg

Please also note the other Chinese habit of building cities with a very homogenous building structure. Note how our skyscrapers tower above the other buildings!

ZugryMO.jpg

Also, please note the third Chinese habit of building lots of roads to nowhere to fake a city on the map.

gX5tCvi.jpg

Please close the window blinds now. China Eastern cannot assume responsibility for any damage to your eyes.

UtgH5Qo.jpg

Sir, watching the landscape is at your own risk!

vbyRdk7.jpg

As we approach Xi'an, we cross a city...

tC6At4D.jpg

A big shoutout to the clouds! They really saved the scenery here.

K3eBk0M.jpg

OK, I cheated here: This picture actually shows Orbx FTX Idaho 2004. Sorry!

fHdONgj.jpg

We approach the plain of Xi'an.

qKCSUj5.jpg

A few turns more...

cQjkshw.jpg

Sir!!

Btrdw9n.jpg

... and touch-down! Applause for the pilot who worked really hard to hit the aiming point.

4zdRr7B.jpg

Now get off the plane, please, and mind the gap. Heave your grandmas into the jetway or use the rear exit.

PVFIKFu.jpg

You can try the restaurant in the tower. They offer excellent pangolin, bat-soufflé and snake liquor. Don't forget to don your face masks to protect against any viruses.

jaiHB2J.jpg

Thank you for choosing China Eastern! Next stop Hong Kong! Please don't forget to leave a like on our website.

again a great trip thanks Lars... In fact IMHO it is not so ugly as you said, thanks to Global : the 4th before end is great for me ... :)

(No hope for one day a Open LC Asia ? Is definitily off ? Open LC Africa is so great ... )

Nice flight Jack

Are you sure you'll reach the 7th part? :rolleyes:

China has a land patron that is copied infinitely and looks very dull for such a gigantic country

Lot of hours on that plane, fortunately weather saves the land view and add fun  :)

cheers

21 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Very nice set of shots

John

Thank you very much, John. :)

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was a cool flight, I liked it despite it being just default Orbx Global.

I'm glad you found it cool, thanks. Wouldn't you like a better scenery even more? :)

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

again a great trip thanks Lars... In fact IMHO it is not so ugly as you said, thanks to Global : the 4th before end is great for me ... :)

(No hope for one day a Open LC Asia ? Is definitily off ? Open LC Africa is so great ... )

Thank you, Jean Marc! You're right, the one you mention is almost acceptable, though I I have the feeling the autogen didn't turn up. :unsure::lol: Also, you can urge the Chinese government to issue a better landscape in the next 5 years plan by taking part in the poll - which I believe you already did. ;)

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Nice flight Jack

Are you sure you'll reach the 7th part? :rolleyes:

China has a land patron that is copied infinitely and looks very dull for such a gigantic country

Lot of hours on that plane, fortunately weather saves the land view and add fun  :)

cheers

Thank you amigo. The 6th part is already in the making, so I'm really confident on the 7th part. Also, by my own rules I couldn't start the next tour in a less ugly area before completing the current one. :D

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Loving the trip Lars , also the history lesson . :):)

Thanks Brad, I'm glad you like it despite the uglyness. :)

52 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you amigo. The 6th part is already in the making, so I'm really confident on the 7th part. Also, by my own rules I couldn't start the next tour in a less ugly area before completing the current one. 

Roger that captain

I named you Jack jaja,sorry I was seeing Jack's pics

Un abrazo

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

, you can urge the Chinese government to issue a better landscape in the next 5 years plan by taking part in the poll - which I believe you already did. 

Sure I did for à long time ... Positive for any kind of open LC for Asia O0

Archived