Discoloration/Blue tint west end of the Columbia gorge TE oregon

Hello Carlos,

can you have a look for Orbx\User Documents\Versions\FTX_NA_US_Libraries.txt please.

If necessary, make a search for it in your Orbx Central Library.

If you find it, delete it and try verify files for Oregon again.

You should see the job count rise from 1 to 2 and that the USA Libraries are being installed.

Hi Guys,

Please delete your shader files if you can and this should reset some of the coloration glitches. Particularly Nigel's colors seem to be very oversaturated (both in terms of the aerial imagery and the trees, which should be using the default textures - alternatively have a look at your saturation slider in the HDR settings).

That being said the aerial imagery isn't perfect everywhere because of seasonal variations, haze, daylight time etc. when the imagery was taken. We've done our best to smoothen the worst discolorations. The screenshots shown by WyEastNate certainly show a worst case example of what's left.

I will make a note of this post for future reference when we evaluate service packs.

Bests,

Sascha

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

can you have a look for Orbx\User Documents\Versions\FTX_NA_US_Libraries.txt please.

If necessary, make a search for it in your Orbx Central Library.

If you find it, delete it and try verify files for Oregon again.

You should see the job count rise from 1 to 2 and that the USA Libraries are being installed.

Hi Nick

I don't have the file (FTX_NA_US_Libraries.txt) in that location

I even scanned the whole PC for it and nothing showed

:(

5 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Hi Guys,

Please delete your shader files if you can and this should reset some of the coloration glitches. Particularly Nigel's colors seem to be very oversaturated (both in terms of the aerial imagery and the trees, which should be using the default textures - alternatively have a look at your saturation slider in the HDR settings).

That being said the aerial imagery isn't perfect everywhere because of seasonal variations, haze, daylight time etc. when the imagery was taken. We've done our best to smoothen the worst discolorations. The screenshots shown by WyEastNate certainly show a worst case example of what's left.

I will make a note of this post for future reference when we evaluate service packs.

Bests,

Sascha

I just realized you are the developer Sacha

Thanks for the assistance too

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Sascha and Nick

Thx for your input.  I tried a file verification for Oregon and deleting the shaders folder, but these made no difference.  I checked my saturation level and for the True Earth profile (in SimStarter) it was at 1.67. I cut it back to 0.86 as in my default profile and that made a huge difference but did not completely cut the blue shading, although it was much diluted. 

Any views as to what the saturation setting should be for TrueEarth?  And where can I find John Venema's settings for TrueEarth, I have searched everywhere without success (I think I had them in my True Earth profile but would like to confirm..

thx

Nigel

Hi

17 minutes ago, nigelgrant said:

And where can I find John Venema's settings for TrueEarth

I know he once provided a setting but it was for GB...

Though it reduces considerably the autogen and it was a bit dark

I ended updating my system for better

Hope the team can help with the coloring

Cheers

Carlos

6 hours ago, nigelgrant said:

where can I find John Venema's settings for TrueEarth, I have searched everywhere without success (I think I had them in my True Earth profile but would like to confirm..

Hello Nigel,

search completed as requested.

I find the best compromise across all the sceneries is to leave the P3D defaults and not use the HDR.  Every time I fiddled with it for one area it looked messed up in another area.

Some people like a bit more saturation than the default but I just mentally note that it must be a little hazy which is why the colours aren't very vibrant, then I enjoy the flight rather than the fiddling!

Thx Sascha, Carlos, Nick and John for your input; Nick I have bookmarked John's posting so I can find it next time. TrueEarth sceneries have many positive attributes but the various colour anomalies unfortunately seem to be an inherent condition of their properties.  But it is still fun flying them.

Nigel

On 7/3/2020 at 1:53 AM, Sascha Normann said:

Hi Guys,

Will have to try this! Thank you!

Wow you have a big portion of the USA

I feel California is quite dark... too brown/orange ( which worries me)

Would you be so kind as to upload some pictures, please?

I'll like to see how the mountains look like and some areas compared to North California. I love how current California is and this is why I have not moved forward so it would be really helpful to spot some from a user.

I also notice the green from WA to OR varies a bit hope it doesn't contrast too much and then a variation in tone in Cali, much darker. Does it all blend smoothly?

Thank you

Carlos

Each to their own.  I find the Megascenery washed out and lacking a lot of the spectrum.  With no shader tweaks or HDR the Nor Cal scenery looks a bit dry and brown but that's how it was when the imagery was taken...

Archived