Orbx TE England South,Central,North Not changing Transparent Roads X PLane 11

Hi there, I hope i have created this in the correct section of the forum.

I am using X Plane 11(11.41 not beta), and when i select any of the TE England regions for transparent roads in Orbx Central,  i save and exit. What i am finding here is,  the default road textures persist after i select transparency.

I will throw in a screen capture to illustrate. As i fly from Orbx Cardiff (EGFF) the area covering the cardiff airport seems to be transparent anyway,  but as i leave the area coverage for cardiff into TE South you can see the roads converge into the default non transparent roads.

Any input as to why this may be occuring will be good. Regards

System Specs:
Intel Core i9-9900X 10 Core HT @ 3.5GHz, and @ 4.40GHz Turbo.
MSI X299 Raider Ultimate Force Motherboard
64GB Ram DDR4 @ 3600 Quad Channel
2 x MSI GeForce RTX 2080Ti  (sli)
M2SSD 1TB 3400Mb/s (for X Plane 11)
Hyper Liquid II  medium kit (Rigid)
Corsair AX 1200i 1200W 80+ Power unit
Extra custom fans

No Transparency.jpg

hi Jon, I removed the Roads folder from each Overlay folder of the three regions, I then ran the Verify for all three,and then selected transparent for all three regions also, saved and exited Orbx Central, Fired up X-Plane 11, I am however experiencing the same issue. Regards

No TP Roads.jpg

Hello,

Same issue here since update. Central, even run under admin rights, is not saving the user selection. If memory serves me right you had to rename some files to get the transparent roads to stick. For the life of me can't remember which ones. Will research later and come back.

Thanks,

John.

Any road that is not a road in XP11 (sounds confusing doesn't it?) seems to display.  So if the data says it's a bridge or viaduct or ramp or any of a number of possibilities ir displays.  I hate it because it destroys the continuity in the scenery.

I'm wondering if that's causing what you are seeing?

20 minutes ago, John Mac said:

Hi John,

No, its the default XP roads not changing to Transparent roads when you select that option under Configuration in Orbx Central.

John.

Does the radio button change after you have saved?

If not just delete all the roads folders in the Overlay folder for the scenery and verify files.

If the radio button is changing when you save then you've got me.

23 minutes ago, John Mac said:

Hi John,

No, its the default XP roads not changing to Transparent roads when you select that option under Configuration in Orbx Central.

John.

If not just delete all the roads folders in the Overlay folder for the scenery and verify files.

I just did a test flight over the point you showed and I'm not seeing the road textures there, just transparent all the way.

My UK TE sceneries are in the Custom Scenery folder in XP11, not in a library.  Where do you have yours located?

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

I just did a test flight over the point you showed and I'm not seeing the road textures there, just transparent all the way.

My UK TE sceneries are in the Custom Scenery folder in XP11, not in a library.  Where do you have yours located?

hi there,  My Orbx folders are within X plane folder on my C:  drive  (SSD).  As to the radial buttons changing?  The little circle appears in the selection you make,  ie   Default Road Textures or, Transparent Road textures. When you then click "Save Changes" it simply takes you back to The European region and at this point i would think it was saved..   For me?  it does not change from the default road textures if i select default or transparent.. ( I am stuck with default roads, not transparent )  Edit :  My Orbx folders are also in the custom scenery folders within x plane 11. I confirm that the radial buttons do change according to your selected wish,  but,  upon saving, then Launching X Plane 11, It simply doesn't save. I have tried this for all 3 TE UK regions... same result.

@Jon Clarke, I commend you,  and Thank You for responding to my initial post ..  (OP),  You have certainly responded,  and definately tried to help with my particular issue. I have noted that you did call out to two other personell with no response..     Whilst i would understand that the whole team at Orbx is flat out going forward....  I do feel a little ignored..  by that,  i mean, not by you naturally...    A Note aside here....   The individuals you have called to,  throughout my Posting here regarding my particular issue, have not responded.  Again i refer to how i understand the workflow, and some complexities of making your product...  I would like to hear from those that you have called upon to help with a customers question..    @Jon Clarke?  Thanks again for your responding to my particular problem in X-Plane 11

Hi Doug,

Understand completely. This happened before and the work around was to rename 2 files to the best of may knowledge. In Central, under configure the radio button is selected for Transparent Roads then you Save Changes. If you immediately go back  the saved change is not highlighted.

Hi John Dow,

Yes the radio button changes and you think you have saved your selection. (Sorry about lateness of reply)

A little work around. In the Overlay folder for TEGB South, I deleted the Roads, Roads_X and Roads _T folders. I then fired up Central, and used the Verify Option. I then set the Transparent option and it worked. Please note that I now have only 2 folders in the Overlay folder, Roads and Roads_T. Before that there were 3 folders, Roads, Roads _X and Roads_T.

Hope this helps.

John.

1 hour ago, John Mac said:

A little work around. In the Overlay folder for TEGB South, I deleted the Roads, Roads_X and Roads _T folders. I then fired up Central, and used the Verify Option. I then set the Transparent option and it worked. Please note that I now have only 2 folders in the Overlay folder, Roads and Roads_T. Before that there were 3 folders, Roads, Roads _X and Roads_T.

Hope this helps.

John.

Thank you for that :D    This also worked for me. Much obliged to you.

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

Yes that was the original suggestion though maybe something wasn't clear or it got lost tin the translation.

hi John,  yes the original suggestion was for just the Roads folders within the Overlays,  so Jon Clarke was definately on the right track. However since John Mac pointed out the other Roads folders also,  i believe it was one of the others that was the culprit  :D

Archived