Anyone know if that Global AI ships will work?

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi, has anyone tried to install the Global ships AI?

Thanks.

Jack

Hello Jack,

Yes, I have installed them and they work as they did in P3Dv 4.5. And, they look gorgeous as ever in P3Dv5 I might add. Currently, I uninstalled them to troubleshoot a different problem, but thankfully the AI Ships have proved NOT to be the cause of any problems that I have seen. Just go ahead and install the AI ship packages (I believe there are two) as per the included instructions for P3Dv 4.

Cheers, and happy sailing  Jack :) 

Landon

6 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Hello Jack,

Yes, I have installed them and they work as they did in P3Dv 4.5. And, they look gorgeous as ever in P3Dv5 I might add. Currently, I uninstalled them to troubleshoot a different problem, but thankfully the AI Ships have proved NOT to be the cause of any problems that I have seen. Just go ahead and install the AI ship packages (I believe there are two) as per the included instructions for P3Dv 4.

Cheers, and happy sailing  Jack :) 

Landon

4 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

I also have it is really cool to see all those cruises, boats, cargo ships, adds lots of fun and realism, some times I like to chase them :P

Thanks guys, do you still have to delete a certain number of them?  Appreciate your help!

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks guys, do you still have to delete a certain number of them?  Appreciate your help!

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

If you have the latest packages, which I think are the 200_ai_ship_and_ai_ship_traffic_v2 file and the global_ai_ship_traffic_v1 file, then I believe, don't quote me, then I think there were a few you had to delete or copy over. Just read the instructions in each package and it tells you what to do. The only difference is that is says P3D v4 in the instructions.

Landon

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

If you have the latest packages, which I think are the 200_ai_ship_and_ai_ship_traffic_v2 file and the global_ai_ship_traffic_v1 file, then I believe, don't quote me, then I think there were a few you had to delete or copy over. Just read the instructions in each package and it tells you what to do. The only difference is that is says P3D v4 in the instructions.

Landon

Thanks Landon, I have these files:

global_ai_ship_traffic_v1.zip

Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip

P3D_V4 Replacement Files.zip

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon, I have these files:

global_ai_ship_traffic_v1.zip

Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip

P3D_V4 Replacement Files.zip

You know Jack, I seem to remember that replacement file, but I don't have it in my saved Global AI shipping folder. I try to maintain things I download and keep them organized, but for some reason I don't have that one. And you posting it has reminded me of it. Maybe I should have that one too. Hmmmm....

Just now, Sniper31 said:

You know Jack, I seem to remember that replacement file, but I don't have it in my saved Global AI shipping folder. I try to maintain things I download and keep them organized, but for some reason I don't have that one. And you posting it has reminded me of it. Maybe I should have that one too. Hmmmm....

Sorry to hear Landon.  Maybe I'll look in my P3D V4.5 folders to compare.

How are you doing?  You feeling okay?

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sorry to hear Landon.  Maybe I'll look in my P3D V4.5 folders to compare.

How are you doing?  You feeling okay?

I'm doing fine Jack, no covid issues for me, my family or friends. Colorado is slowly starting to open back up as of last week, and the weather is really getting nice. Can't complain :) 

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

I'm doing fine Jack, no covid issues for me, my family or friends. Colorado is slowly starting to open back up as of last week, and the weather is really getting nice. Can't complain :) 

My doc says I had it, tested positive.

Had all the symptoms but all she had me do was take zinc, I have been taking vitamin c, lots of vitamin d in the sunshine, green tea for years, and vitamin A in vegetables.

Been very healthy so it was nothing, three days of 101F, body aches, very fatigued, very persistent dry cough, and the biggest tell, loss of all smell and taste.

But I got over it in like four days.  I've had worse colds! Now I'm fine, been hiking 7 miles a day since they opened the park and before that along the highway, five a day.  So good news.

I have only one file Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip from 2019, and I think that's what I installed into Prepar3d4. It's around 1 GB. If memory serves me right, this didn't require any replacements any longer. Didn't try it in Prepar3d5 yet. The other files in my store directory are from 2016/17.

Kind regards, Michael

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

My doc says I had it, tested positive.

Had all the symptoms but all she had me do was take zinc, I have been taking vitamin c, lots of vitamin d in the sunshine, green tea for years, and vitamin A in vegetables.

Been very healthy so it was nothing, three days of 101F, body aches, very fatigued, very persistent dry cough, and the biggest tell, loss of all smell and taste.

But I got over it in like four days.  I've had worse colds! Now I'm fine, been hiking 7 miles a day since they opened the park and before that along the highway, five a day.  So good news.

That's good to hear Jack, that you got past it quick and you are still on your hiking program ;) I also do a lot of hiking, and in fact, have a camping/hiking trip in a few weeks that has been planned for months. The state campgrounds are not open just yet, but are supposed to open before my planned trip, so we'll see. 

As to the AI shipping, I did some Googling around since we have been talking, and I found an FSElite article from last September, 2019, about Henrik Neilsens global shipping. Seems he has further updated it and did NOT post this update to AVSIM, but rather here: https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/?funct=dl&pack=aishipsn on his own website. It looks like he compiled all the AI-shipping into one file now. Check it out and make your own assessment. I went ahead and downloaded the file, and it is much larger than the two I had before, so definitely an update.

Landon

EDIT: Michael just posted as I was. He is talking about the same thing I just mentioned above. 

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

That's good to hear Jack, that you got past it quick and you are still on your hiking program ;) I also do a lot of hiking, and in fact, have a camping/hiking trip in a few weeks that has been planned for months. The state campgrounds are not open just yet, but are supposed to open before my planned trip, so we'll see. 

As to the AI shipping, I did some Googling around since we have been talking, and I found an FSElite article from last September, 2019, about Henrik Neilsens global shipping. Seems he has further updated it and did NOT post this update to AVSIM, but rather here: https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/?funct=dl&pack=aishipsn on his own website. It looks like he compiled all the AI-shipping into one file now. Check it out and make your own assessment. I went ahead and downloaded the file, and it is much larger than the two I had before, so definitely an update.

Landon

EDIT: Michael just posted as I was. He is talking about the same thing I just mentioned above. 

Cool, I'm up to over 11,500 miles.  I usually do about 6.5 top 7 miles a day.  I have my own park within walking distance, seldom I see people, it's all natural trails and runs along the river.  Martyn loved it when he visited.

Thanks much for the shipping info!  One thing I saw, maybe you did too, was in the water right off the runway in Orbx's KSAN was what looked like a photoreal white smudge, like it was a ship wake.

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I have only one file Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip from 2019, and I think that's what I installed into Prepar3d4. It's around 1 GB. If memory serves me right, this didn't require any replacements any longer. Didn't try it in Prepar3d5 yet. The other files in my store directory are from 2016/17.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael.

I don't have this oen

P3D_V4 Replacement Files.zip  :o

But if it exists might be needed, would like to test

Jack also add lemon, garlic and onions to your diet against Covid

Cheers

Carlos

Hi I think that P3D_V4 Replacement Files.zip simply replaces previous versions:

This freeware package contains over 800 AI ships, boats and traffic FSX, and P3D.  It includes both 200_ai_ship_and_ai_ship_traffic_v2.zip and global_ai_ship_traffic_v1.zip in one package.

This package contains more than 800 AI ships and AI ship traffic routes for the entire globe for P3D and FSX.

It is an addition to Global AI Ship Traffic V1 released in April 2016.  Global AI Ship Traffic V1 (global_ai_ship_traffic_v1.zip) is bundled with this file in order to complete the package - there is no need to download anything else.

The package includes cruise ships, ferries, container ships, bulk carriers, fishing boats, destroyers, frigates, patrol boats, yachts, oil rigs, and more.  Routes cover the entire globe.

This package will work in FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and P3Dv1 to P3Dv4.

This package contains replacement files for 4 ships from Global AI Ship Traffic V1, so they will work in P3Dv4.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24744/fsx-800-ai-ships-boats-and-global-traffic/

I'll try this

Cheers

Carlos

20 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

I don't have this oen

P3D_V4 Replacement Files.zip  :o

But if it exists might be needed, would like to test

Jack also add lemon, garlic and onions to your diet against Covid

Cheers

Carlos

Yes, been eating garlic for ages, lemons, no.  Onions have in interesting history of sucking up bad bacteria.

As for the ships you need to download the latest version, version 2.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, been eating garlic for ages, lemons, no.  Onions have in interesting history of sucking up bad bacteria.

As for the ships you need to download the latest version, version 2.

You can also put ten garlic into a cup of honey and eat a table spoon of it in the morning empty stomach, gives energy, increases defenses etc etc

For the AI ship I have v1 & v2  I'll just overwrite them with the p3d version, hope this helps the loading of their textures in some cases :)

Cheers my friend

The Global AI Ship Traffic V2 works without issues in P3Dv5 and of course it works with Orbx - The latest version from september 2019 can be found here:

simviation:  https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

flightsim.com: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=global_ai_ship_traffic_v2.zip

flightsimnorway.com: https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/?funct=dl&pack=aishipsn

Unfortunately the file is no longer available on www.avsim.com due to exceeding size limits for downloads from that site.

Flyawaysimulation has not asked for permission to host any of the files in the project and they are not up to date with the latest files, so please do not download from flyawaysimulation.

As a bonus information we work on a Classic update with ships from the fifties, sixties and seventies and ending time wise with the Royal Navy task force in the Falklands War in 1982

20050512493916112916779591.jpg

20021607112716112916649748.jpg

20010708475716112916591596.jpg

19120808583416112916547025.jpg

5 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you for the updated information. Kl791

Have a nice day

Cheers

Carlos

Yes, concur! Thanks for the update and looking forward to it! A very nice surprise indeed. :) 

12 hours ago, kl791 said:

As a bonus information we work on a Classic update with ships from the fifties, sixties and seventies and ending time wise with the Royal Navy task force in the Falklands War in 1982

Wow, these look fantastic! Seems to be worth updating once the new files are ready.

I always enjoy this bit of life on the water, and we see them whereever we meet the Oceans. This ship traffic is indeed superb.

• 2 months later...

A ship question... I love all the ships in TE GB South (round Portsmouth and other locations). BUT they are all static. Are they supposed to be moving? If so, why are mine static. And if they are indeed meant to be static, now do I get rid of them to leave the water empty (and clear of static wakes) to then add the freeware ship ai available in numerous sites?

- Kenneth

Archived