NZWR duplicate taxiway markings

p3dv5-nzwr-error-01-1024.jpg?dl=1

All taxiway markings etc. are duplicated. I suspect some files needs to be removed/disabled, but I wouldn't know which LOL.

I've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall along with the same for NZNI. I don't have GLOBAL (or any mesh add-ons) installed - pretty clean so far.Changing mesh resolutions didn't help either.

Adam.

I just went to NZWR and noted the same "double markings" as Adam.
P3Dv5, Orbx, and a few add-on planes; nothing else.
image.thumb.png.531af929dc3f8ac680431325c52c31d3.png

Here's the same shot, but with NZWR uninstalled...  just straight up P3Dv5 and Orbx NZNI:

image.thumb.png.fa3d5fd5a3adbbafcea92a97322a54c4.png

29 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

I installed this a couple of nights ago and checked it out, but I found no problems with it. You sure you don't have a rogue ADE file or perhaps another scenery for NZWR installed?

It's a totally clean P3Dv5 install. No non-Orbx scenery at all - and I haven't fiddled with any files at all. As I said - I also tried a complete uninstall/re-install of NZWR and NZNI - so there really shouldn't be any rogue files in there. Unfortunately, I removed my old NZWR folder from my P3Dv4 library (to save space) so can't do a file-by-file compare.

28 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I do not see such double markings in my NZWI variant in v5. All I did is moving the scenery over to v5, nothing removed or disabled...

Hmmm .. that makes me think that there are files that exist for v4.5 that are no longer added when installing for v5 from scratch.

In my [new] NZWR folder I have:

FTX_AA_NZWR/Scenery: 35 files

FTX_AA_NZWR/Texture: 225 files

Adam.

7 hours ago, Holy Cheese said:

Deleted - screenshot link didn’t work.

As a matter of interest - did you copy (or point to) your *existing* P3Dv4.5 library files - or did you do a fresh download via Orbx Central?

My theory is that there may be files in the P3Dv4.5 folder that no longer exist when you re-download/re-install for P3Dv5.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

hopefully I've now figured out the screenshot business!

zFNeJMW.jpg

I made a fresh download via Orbx Central and installed into my root P3D5 folder. I haven't installed anything in libraries outside of the root folder except for I believe the Orbx libraries and ObjectFlow.

Cheers

Jack

6 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

hopefully I've now figured out the screenshot business!

I made a fresh download via Orbx Central and installed into my root P3D5 folder. I haven't installed anything in libraries outside of the root folder except for I believe the Orbx libraries and ObjectFlow.

Thanks, Jack - good to see the screenshot (not that I ever doubted you, LOL)!

Interesting. I have Orbx Libraries and Objectflow both installed (along with all my other Orbx scenery)  in my Orbx/P3Dv5 Library - ie. outside P3D root. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Adam.

Call me old-fashioned, but I never really saw the advantage of installing outside the root folder - even when a reinstall was necessary, I only ever had to reinstall Global and maybe one more (can't remember) and I was back in business.

And most importantly for me at least was that I have never suffered any installation anomalies (or at least very rarely and those were almost always user errors!)

Hope you get this sorted.

Best regards

Jack

6 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

Call me old-fashioned, but I never really saw the advantage of installing outside the root folder - even when a reinstall was necessary, I only ever had to reinstall Global and maybe one more (can't remember) and I was back in business.

Lack of space on my P3D drive was what forced me into it!

However - I was already a little biased, as I've been using the add-on.xml method for a fair while to keep all my freebie (and some payware) add-on aircraft away from root P3D for safety.

Adam.

Is it possible you have NZNI sitting above NZWR in the scenery library order? That would mean the exclude in NZWR would be unable to exclude the objects from the NZNI version of NZWR.

You could check this by disabling the NZWR_Objects file included in the NZNI_scenery folder and see if the problem goes away. Sorry I can’t give you specific file and folder names at the moment - my main computer is currently unavailable.

17 minutes ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Is it possible you have NZNI sitting above NZWR in the scenery library order? That would mean the exclude in NZWR would be unable to exclude the objects from the NZNI version of NZWR.

You could check this by disabling the NZWR_Objects file included in the NZNI_scenery folder and see if the problem goes away. Sorry I can’t give you specific file and folder names at the moment - my main computer is currently unavailable.

Good thinking, Graham - but I already checked that. NZNI entries are 37-40 whilst NZWR is 8. I'll see what NZWR-related files there are in NZNI/scenery and try a few things!

Adam.

Hi there Adam, I have been watching for the many problems apart from the 16 Orbx airports

I have that are still not compatible P3D v5 before I even attempt an update from my P3D v4.5 hf2.

I hate to rain on your parade but I have the exact same problem at NZWR, and I have done nothing

except let Central update what it wants to and I can't recall NZWR being one of them.

I would suggest you sit on your hands until next week and whack someone from Orbx with a big stick.

Don't go breaking something else that ain't broke when it is clearly an Orbx problem.

Kevin 

1 hour ago, greybeard said:

Hi there Adam, I have been watching for the many problems apart from the 16 Orbx airports

I have that are still not compatible P3D v5 before I even attempt an update from my P3D v4.5 hf2.

I hate to rain on your parade but I have the exact same problem at NZWR, and I have done nothing

except let Central update what it wants to and I can't recall NZWR being one of them.

So far, I've only installed the airports that are flagged as compatible - there's plenty to enjoy while we wait for the others to catch up.

You're not raining on my parade (far from it) - it's reassuring to know it's not just me! HOWEVER ... (drum roll) ... I think I have a fix. As Graham kindly pointed out, there's possibly a conflict with one of the NZWR-related files in NZNI. I tracked down what I think may be the culprit:

ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWR_GP.bgl ... which lives in FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY/scenery

"GP" probably stands for "Ground Poly". Just rename that one to ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWR_GP.inactive

Adam.

26 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

You're not raining on my parade (far from it) - it's reassuring to know it's not just me! HOWEVER ... (drum roll) ... I think I have a fix. As Graham kindly pointed out, there's possibly a conflict with one of the NZWR-related files in NZNI. I tracked down what I think may be the culprit:

ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWR_GP.bgl ... which lives in FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY/scenery

"GP" probably stands for "Ground Poly". Just rename that one to ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWR_GP.inactive

That is great Adam, I shall give it a try when I feel brave enough. The thing that bothers me is I have not changed

anything since installing NZWR when it first came out. The fact that it may have been like that since it was installed

and I haven't noticed wouldn't surprise me at all. My excuse would be age. What's your yours? :unsure:

Kevin

31 minutes ago, greybeard said:

The thing that bothers me is I have not changed anything since installing NZWR when it first came out. The fact that it may have been like that since it was installed

and I haven't noticed wouldn't surprise me at all. My excuse would be age. What's your yours? :unsure:

I've no idea as to why a fresh install now has introduced the problem. It's been fine on my system in P3Dv4 right up until now.

I''m 70 (gasp!!!!).

Adam.

20 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I've no idea as to why a fresh install now has introduced the problem. It's been fine on my system in P3Dv4 right up until now

Thank you Adam your tweek worked a treat. I have a theory That it is an Orbx developer from Aussie that has introduced this

entitative test for us Kiwi's to give us something to do during lock down.:ph34r:

Did you notice that there are no object ground shadows on the tarmac only on the grass?

It may have always been like that. I only noticed it because I made a pigs ear of parking half on the grass

and half on the tarmac. Anyway thanks again for the heads up. I am still going to wait before adventuring 

into P3Dv5 until all the airports have been updated and maybe not even then because my system runs

quite sweet as it is, and falls into the "ideal" category for MSF when it finally gets here.

No doubt then I will have to throw some more money at Orbx. Oh well such is life. Stay safe.

Kevin 

1 hour ago, greybeard said:

Did you notice that there are no object ground shadows on the tarmac only on the grass?

It may have always been like that. I only noticed it because I made a pigs ear of parking half on the grass

and half on the tarmac.

Aaah ... funny you should mention that!! I just noticed that happening at NZQN.Coincidentally, Jack Sawyer has just posted some from NZQN that shows shadows OK, so I'm guessing he's still on P3Dv4.5.

Anyway - I'll re-check all my cast/receive shadow settings and try a non-Orbx airport to see if I get them.

Adam.

Non-Orbx airports appear to be fine - as does Orbx NZGS. I'm guessing it's when the runways are photoreal tiles <?>. I've no idea whether this is a long-standing P3D problem or an Orbx one. Over to the devs (please)!!

Adam.

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Non-Orbx airports appear to be fine - as does Orbx NZGS. I'm guessing it's when the runways are photoreal tiles <?>. I've no idea whether this is a long-standing P3D problem or an Orbx one. Over to the devs (please)!!

Adam.

Hello Adam, I did a check for all Orbx payware  airports and a lot of updated ones in

NZ North & South and other than NZWR show aircraft ground shadows correctly.

What I did notice is that static aircraft do not cast shadow but AI aircraft do.

I have only been simming for 25 years so I am rather new to all this:rolleyes:

I did not check anywhere else in the world because we are in lockdown at the moment.

At least we can arrive at NZWR and not have double markings now after your fix.

Stay safe.

Kevin

11 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Adam.

I'm seeing no issues whatsoever with shadows showing in NZWR. Shadows are showing properly on AI aircraft, Statics and all other scenery items.

Best to check both your shadow Cast and Receive settings in P3D.

1 hour ago, Graham Eccleston said:

I'm seeing no issues whatsoever with shadows showing in NZWR. Shadows are showing properly on AI aircraft, Statics and all other scenery items.

Best to check both your shadow Cast and Receive settings in P3D.

No issues off the runway - just the runway itself. You can even have the shadow appear on the grass when half on, half off the runway.

Cast & receive are all on (except for particles) - and no problems at other airports so far (except NZQN where it also happens).

22 minutes ago, Graham Eccleston said:

NZQN is fine. What issues are you having there?

Once I installed P3D V5, I did a fresh download and install of all Orbx products so everything is new - nothing copied over from V4.5. Had to do something to fill in the time while self isolating. 

Now that's odd. I have exactly the same problem at NZQN. Like you (and also with plenty of time on my hands right now) ... I did a fresh download/install - for all my Orbx stuff. Nothing from P3Dv4.5 at all.

The only thing I did which may be different is that I disabled all files for NZGS, NZWR, NZQN and NZMF within the NZNI and NZSI file sets. Not really recommended unless you feel comfortable playing around with files in this way but it could be the reason I have no issues.

I also have all my products installed directly within P3D as it was in the FSX and early P3D days.  

24 minutes ago, Graham Eccleston said:

The only thing I did which may be different is that I disabled all files for NZGS, NZWR, NZQN and NZMF within the NZNI and NZSI file sets. Not really recommended unless you feel comfortable playing around with files in this way but it could be the reason I have no issues.

Aha!! That will explain it!

Would you be able to post a list of all those files - for the benefit of myself and others here?

So far, I've only de-activated ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWR_GP.bgl.

Adam.

I have solved this problem here by deleting those files:

ade_ftx_nzni_nzwr.bgl

ade_ftx_nzni_nzwr_cvx.bgl

ade_ftx_nzni_nzwr_gp.bgl

ade_ftx_nzni_nzwr_objects.bgl

In my cases I had copied over the files from the Orbx folder in P3Dv4.5.

So when I installed NZWR in P3Dv5.0, the folder/files were already available and Central updated the necessary files for P3DV5.

But obviously, the <job> was not done correctly.

This is a reminder for me that I have to check the other airports also.

Cheers

I have the same issue in a few months old v4.5HF2 setup... as far as I recall I had no problems in the past but did not track all updates. Just install them when they come in. As my scenery order is fine it looks indeed like an official bug. Manual disble of files should be only a temp workaround imho.

Any official statement yet?

Cheers

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...

Archived