Cannot load into S43

hjmx

I always get a CTD when I try to load an a/c into S43 (Harvey). Only Orbx PNW and some other PNW airports are installed in this area. Loading into KFHR or KORS is unproblematic.

+1

I have been experiencing this problem too. And, it mostly happens when I load a default P3D airport first, and then load S43. If I load straight to S43 without going to a default airport first, then it will successfully load now and then, but not always.

Hi guys

I just loaded Harvey, no problems at all with S43

a0RtIcH.jpg

I have P3D V4.5.14

Are you in another version?

I see in HJMX signature that he runs P3D v4.4 but I cannot see Sniper's.

Might be an issue with V5 if you moved to that one

Regards

Carlos

6 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi guys

I just loaded Harvey, no problems at all with S43

a0RtIcH.jpg

I have P3D V4.5.14

Are you in another version?

I see in HJMX signature that he runs P3D v4.4 but I cannot see Sniper's.

Might be an issue with V5 if you moved to that one

Regards

Carlos

Carlos, 

This issue is about S43 in P3Dv5, as this is the P3Dv4 support forum ;) My S43 install in P3Dv4.5 has been and is working fine as normal. :)  However, in P3Dv5, it is not, hence this thread. 

Cheers!

Landon

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this is the first time that I have tried it but it worked.

2020-4-22_21-41-30-650.jpg

2020-4-22_21-41-42-206.jpg

5 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I started from a default airport and then went to S43 (after installing the Orbx version).   No issues here.  Have to admit I didn't try it multiple times.

2020-4-22_14-34-47-285.thumb.jpg.52652b174800f9af91fea0b3e997268e.jpg

Nick and Rob,

For me, the issue happens about 80% of the time. I am just going to chalk it up right now to the various CTD's that have been happening across P3Dv5 and wait and see how things work after the hotfix next week. I have held off installing anything else into P3Dv5 until then, so for now when I have this S43 crash, all I have installed is Orbx PNW, NA LC, and all the Orbx PNW airports. 

Want to know the real funny thing Nick? If you remember the problem I have also been experiencing with 0S9, and the eastern half of the airport missing? Well, now that problem no longer exists. All I have done in the interim is update my GPU drivers since I last posted about that issue. Don't know if that is what fixed the 0S9 issue or not, but for whatever reason, that airport now works fine in P3Dv5 for me. Go figure..

Anyhow, hopefully the upcoming LM hotfix will iron out some of these seemingly random issues.

Cheers!

Landon

Hi Landon,

Like you I also only have PNW, some Orbx airports installed right now and am proceeding slowly.  This way I can tell when something new may be causing an issue, rather than installing too much at once and not knowing where to start looking!

Luckily I haven't been seeing any CTD as of yet.  Most of my sliders maxed and even using the new Atmosphere beta I'm seeing rock solid performance.   Haven't been to Seattle yet though!  :D

I'm sure LM is on it and we'll all breath easier soon. 

Hope you and yours are doing ok during this medical crisis.   Also, to all of the forum members too!

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi Landon,

Like you I also only have PNW, some Orbx airports installed right now and am proceeding slowly.  This way I can tell when something new may be causing an issue, rather than installing too much at once and not knowing where to start looking!

Luckily I haven't been seeing any CTD as of yet.  Most of my sliders maxed and even using the new Atmosphere beta I'm seeing rock solid performance.   Haven't been to Seattle yet though!  :D

I'm sure LM is on it and we'll all breath easier soon. 

Hope you and yours are doing ok during this medical crisis.   Also, to all of the forum members too!

Rob,

Other than the CTD's, P3Dv5 has otherwise been running very smooth for me with most of my sliders maxxed as well. Of course, to troubleshoot, I have tweaked the sliders down, but my system is very robust and even when flying in some of the heavier reported VRAM usage areas, my VRAM use has never gone above 7.9, and even then only in very limited cases. My GPU is a 2080Ti with 11Gb VRAM, and it has been handling things well, in both P3Dv 4.5 and v5. I have tracked my overall GPU VRAM use while troubleshooting this issue as well, and when in P3Dv5, flying around the PNW Seattle area, P3D is using about 6 Gb of my VRAM and Win10 is only using about 1 Gb. So, plenty of headroom. I tested with and without the Atmosphere beta checked, and in either case, I will get the CTD's. 

So, as I said above, I will just have to wait and see what the LM hotfix takes of. ;) 

I still believe that something is wrong with S43. When I'm approaching Everett (Dir 150° @ 4500 ft) and then turning South following Interstate 5, I get a 100% reproducible CTD when I'm in between S43 and KPAE. If I uninstall S43, no CTD.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for adding all these posts.

I don't think it will make sense to even start to investigate until the first "hotfix" is released by LM.

agreed, just wanted to add a last comment ;-)

Back again after P3Dv5 HF1. I still get CTDs when I fly in this ares when S43 is installed. If I take S43 out of the equation, NO CTD.

Please, please, please, .... someone of the developer team should have a look into this.

Bringing up this again. but I think I've found the culprit. When I disable  S43s hot air balloons everything seems to work. I usually had a big chance for CTD when flying in this area, especially between S43 and KPAE. It happened with P5Dv5 and P3Dv5HF1 as well. Now with disabled hot air balloons I had no CTD so far ... and believe me, I tried hard.

Maybe somebody is interested, if not ... never mind.

Archived