Powell River, BC.

VH-KDK

1.BkgHDUH.jpg

Departing from CYPW, which with the car ferries are the only links to the outside world as the surrounding countryside is impracticable for building a road.

2.FlHqEgK.jpg

Looking up Haslam Lake with Mount Mahoney on the left.

3.NtITInT.jpg

The Paper Excellence Mill was once the largest pulp mill in the world, cutbacks have left only 3 of the paper machines running for newsprint and speciality papers. It is now shutting down until mid summer due to the China Virus and a malware attack on it's computer system.

4.3UI9KQ0.jpg

Good use of the winglets on the Beech 1900. There are enough winglets and strakes on the plane for a veritable art gallery!

5.ye5zFit.jpg

The real C-GCPL at Vancouver last August. I had never seen a 1900 before and I have recently bought this one in the Carenado sale. I just cannot help myself!

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic narration - and the final kick with a magnificient real life shot. You know how much I like that!

Thanks Gerold. Sadly I had over 5 hours to wait for the flight up to Port Hardy:( and to make matters even worse there was a dedicated viewing platform right outside the Southern Terminal.:-

Even worse was the 1 km walk to the CAM9 Seaplane Base.>:(

What a terrible morning I had!:lol:

52 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold. Sadly I had over 5 hours to wait for the flight up to Port Hardy:( and to make matters even worse there was a dedicated viewing platform right outside the Southern Terminal.:-

Even worse was the 1 km walk to the CAM9 Seaplane Base.>:(

What a terrible morning I had!:lol:

I am sure you nearly missed the plane, while watching and taking shots on the seaplane base :D?

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I am sure you nearly missed the plane, while watching and taking shots on the seaplane base :D?

Actually after very little sleep after flying in from Honolulu, my main problem were the waves of extreme tiredness.

Luckily I was in plenty of time as the terminal was only metres from the viewing area and the anticipation of a flight in a SAAB 340 really woke me up.:lol:

11 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Superb these screenshots:o and the explanation are great, it's a shame for the paper mill but good !!:)

Thank you Olivier, lets hope we can all get back to some type of normality pretty quickly.

Archived