Orbx VECTOR on P3D 5 makes ... resurrect road traffic!

Hi Doug,

I know perfectly well that Orbx_VECTOR is not compatible with P3D 5 but these two folders and not "the whole" program, they make road traffic work for me, obviously at my ... risk, but so far I have not detected any problems in any part of the scenarios seen where road traffic was completely absent before.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the answer is in the post.

But where exactly do you put those folders in the P3D 5  Scenery Library ?

If you know, Nick, could you please say.

It's not in his post

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as you cannot install Vector to the p3dv5 folder, they are referenced from the p3dv4 folder.

So how do you reference those folders from V4 and put them into V5, and where exactly ?  In the V5 Library ?

After the manual procedure with "Add Area" in Scenery Library of P3D 5 I put them in this position of Scenery Library:

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6749/gaRwg7.png

I moved them to this position but also when "Add Area" placed them in first position of the "Scenery Library" of P3D 5, everything worked properly.

If moving to "Scenery Library" P3D 5 does not allow it, you can use the free Lorby Prepar3D 5 Addon Organizer which moves, deletes or installs in "Scenery Library" remembering that
the startup of the program must be done as Administrator.

Finally I remember that in Orbx Vector, where FTX_VECTOR_OBJ and FTX_VECTOR_CVX are located with FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe you can configure it on the page that appears

"Trasportation", "Water Features" and "Varius" Features " affecting FTX_VECTOR_CVX.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:36 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

As has been already clearly stated, Vector is not and will not be made compatible with P3Dv5.

Hi,

Can you link to the message/thread ?

I do own vector, I would like to understand what I loose/gain between P3Dv4+Vector VS P3Dv5 without it.

Thanks !

Hi,

Doug, I respect the decision of Orbx not to adapt Vector to P3Dv5.

But I, too, am missing the traffic on the lower ranked highways.

To use Robpol's workaround may solve the issue - with the 'bad taste' of being only a workaround, not approved by Orbx.

May I introduce the idea to take - at least - the minor road traffic, the tunnel portals and such 'stuff' and form a new global scenery?

For which I'd be willing to pay for.

So this could be a win-win situation for all VFR flyers and for Orbx.

Thanks for reading,

Michael.

Hi,

As I have already written, any variation of a program or as in this case the use of two files of Orbx VECTOR, is it is " always at risk " for those who do it.

IMHO, what matters is whether this use has a purpose and above all ... it works well.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:06 AM, Mike Sierra said:

Hi,

Doug, I respect the decision of Orbx not to adapt Vector to P3Dv5.

But I, too, am missing the traffic on the lower ranked highways.

To use Robpol's workaround may solve the issue - with the 'bad taste' of being only a workaround, not approved by Orbx.

May I introduce the idea to take - at least - the minor road traffic, the tunnel portals and such 'stuff' and form a new global scenery?

For which I'd be willing to pay for.

So this could be a win-win situation for all VFR flyers and for Orbx.

Thanks for reading,

Michael.

I like that idea very much and would be willing to pay for as well...

Mick

Archived