Fiat over Wales: the green, green grass of home!

Adam Banks

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great screenies, Adam. Is this the Skunkwork Gina?

Most certainly! Sadly available for free for a mere 24 hrs :-((

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed, fantastic grass Adam. Rather no trees, no autogen and no POIs, and still these shots are fascinating.

You have to admire what the devs can do with photoreal and clever mapping/blending. It's a joy to fly over.

2 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Wales has incredible greenery, well doneB)

Green it is!!! Mind you, I tend to restrict all my TE flying to the summer months - so everything ought to be fairly lush! Not like in NZ, where it can get quite brown!

Thanks for the comments, folks!

Adam.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Glad you and ya'll like the plane, I love the scenery.  Maybe it's me but I could never get into the old military stuff.  Too young?  Grew up in Boston where all I saw was commercial.

I grew up near Leeds-Bradford airport (Yeadon, then) and was taken to air displays there from a very young age. They always had a fair few military aircraft (Lightnings, Hunters, Vulcans etc.) doing pretty spectacular stuff - as things were quite unregulated back then.

After that, I was quite active in the school Air Cadets, in the days when lots of money was lavished on the spotty kids (in case they might *just* want to join the RAF). Almost nobody did, but we sure had a great time. I got a free gliding course+certificate out of it, two of my friends got full PPLs. There was no obligation to actually sign up.

Long story short ... I got to see (and fly in) many RAF aircraft - long before I ever set foot in a commercial plane. In fact, the very first flight of my life was in a D.H. Chipmunk!

Aaah ... those were the days!

Adam.

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

And the winner of the "How Green was your Valley" contest is.............................................Adamski of New Zealand.

Thankee kindly, Sir!

I listened to the [classic] novel in audiobook format a while ago. Beautifully written - and very moving. I dug out an old B&W film version of it, but it was very stilted by comparison.

Though I grew up in Leeds, many of my early holidays were in North Wales. Hearing the Welsh accent even today still tugs at my heartstrings. From my 30's onwards, I lived in a stunning (green) valley in Gloucestershire after which I moved here to NZ - which appears to stay green all the year round (no frosts up here in Auckland) ... so you can see why all my screenshots end up on the green side LOL! I hardly need to add which political party I subscribe to!

22 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Thankee kindly, Sir!

I listened to the [classic] novel in audiobook format a while ago. Beautifully written - and very moving. I dug out an old B&W film version of it, but it was very stilted by comparison.

Though I grew up in Leeds, many of my early holidays were in North Wales. Hearing the Welsh accent even today still tugs at my heartstrings. From my 30's onwards, I lived in a stunning (green) valley in Gloucestershire after which I moved here to NZ - which appears to stay green all the year round (no frosts up here in Auckland) ... so you can see why all my screenshots end up on the green side LOL! I hardly need to add which political party I subscribe to!

The part of the book I enjoyed most was when the two gentlemen from the village paid a visit on the abusive teacher. 

Archived