Lancair IV-P P3D V4

boytal

57 minutes ago, chacal83 said:

Meerkat, 

if i remember clearly, Real Air isno more in buisness and the Legacy you can find on the net is only for people that have valid license..

Yeah i have it. But the Orbx model looks nice and bigger a/c with winglets i hope someone does a migration.  I try to look a for a step by step how to do it if i could find one I’d probably take a chance on it

2 hours ago, boytal said:

Yeah i have it. But the Orbx model looks nice and bigger a/c with winglets i hope someone does a migration.  I try to look a for a step by step how to do it if i could find one I’d probably take a chance on it

Yep, the Lancair IV-P wss a completely different besst than Realair's legacy.

2 hours ago, boytal said:

have you done it? The Migration

No, only used it in P3d v3. I never upgraded to v4, but migrated to X-Plane 11 instead.

BTW, in my last post I made a typo. It should read "...different beast".

It works well enough in P3DV4... the hydraulic light stays on and there might be a couple of other minor issues but I fly it successfully.  I just pretend the hydraulic light is due for maintenance at the next inspection!

On 3/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, John Dow said:

It works well enough in P3DV4... the hydraulic light stays on and there might be a couple of other minor issues but I fly it successfully.  I just pretend the hydraulic light is due for maintenance at the next inspection!

can i just install it in my main p3d folder?

Or do I have to delete some files or move some files can you tell me exactly what to doOr do I have to delete some files or move some files can you tell me exactly what to do please? If the plane is functional other than hydraulic light I’m fine with that.

I own the Orbx Lanciar IV-P for FSX and Prepar3D.  I am using Prepar3D v4.5.1 and Orbx Central.  When I try to install the Lanciar, I receive the following message: “Error: This product cannot be installed as it is not compatible with the following products. They will have to be uninstalled before this product can be installed.” There are no “following products”  listed. I tried to install it in my Prepar3D folder and in my Main Library with the same results.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply, Nick. I went from Products>FSX/P3D>Aircraft>Lancair IV-P (You own this product).  Then I opened the product page and clicked on "Open in Orbx Central". 

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

You should be able to install it into an earlier version of P3D or FSX and copy it and its effects into P3D v4.

I am assured that it works well enough to use.

That's what I did and I can confirm that it works for the most part.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

There is a bit more to it than that, files in sound and gauges need to be copied over as well.

Installing into a dummy version of FSX would show all the files in their correct locations.

You are very right Nick, but when I temporarily install a plane from a zip or folder source, I usually copy the main files only so that I can remove it easily again.

Archived