Not too huge this time...

bvdboomen

Ok, an explanation is needed. I stepped off my normal GA habits and bought the Carenado ATR 42. Why?

I have many Orbx airfields which are too small for A320's and B737's but too big for GA alone.

So I looked for an intermediate model between bigger airliners and small GA aircraft and studied several types.

What's in the market? The Dash 8 would be the best choice but I don't like the lengthened Quality Wings model. Virtualcol has a short 200 model but that one is not up to my standards texture wise.

Fokker 50 and Saab 340 from Carenado? The first is Dutch and very appealing. The second looks good but I wanted a high winger.

The last two remaining were the Fokker 50 and the ATR 42. Since I find the ATR more beautiful I bought that one. No regrets!

1. Here it is, getting ready for the maiden flight from Narvik to Hammerfest which I entered in the FMS.

1.jpg

2. Ok, airborne. AP on and find out how things work with the manual in the background.

2.jpg

3. Normally I fly down there but this is just as beautiful!

3.jpg

4. Finals Hammerfest. Not the easiest airfield the land a new plane for the first time! :unsure:

4.jpg

5. Uhm, yes the map said airport elevation 263 feet... :blink:

5.jpg

6. Ah! Plenty of room left!

6.jpg

7. And I had enough runway to actually stop the plane and park it on spot four.

7.jpg

A lot to learn so I dive into the manuals again.

Cheers,

Ben.

Good looking plane, good looking shots, Ben. And, ...

6 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Hammerfest. Not the easiest airfield the land a new plane for the first time! 

... that is absolutely correct! Good that you cheated with the weather to find the runway, at least.

Archived