No taxiway lights for Key West

Jrbaird19

10 hours ago, Jrbaird19 said:

I have runway lights but no taxiway lights. Definitely no blue taxiway lights. Could this be a layering issue?

Attach your scenery_packs.ini and i will check. Also run the Verify Files option for Key West airport. I assume my pic is showing the lights you don't have?

5 hours ago, Jrbaird19 said:

After more tests. The EXT lights file has to be at the top apparently. The Key West taxiway lights still will not work. Whatever you canceled all of my extended lights in all of my TrueEarth areas 

Just move all you ext lights back above Global Airports and they will return. I wanted to see if they were affecting your taxiway lights, by placing them below the airports and TE addons.

I am afraid I don't know why you don't see taxiway lights. All I can suggest is you uninstall and reinstall Key West and see if that works. You are the only reported user to have this problem as far as I am aware so to determine the cause is extremely difficult. The only other thing to try as a test only, is to disable all your other addons and see if just having TE Florida and Key West  in the Custom Scenery makes the taxiway light visible. The easiest way to do that is to name you current Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery Disabled. Create a new folder called Custom Scenery. Place Global Airports, TE Florida and Key West in the new folder. Make sure Key West stays at the top of the scenery+packs .ini and that TE Florida is just below Global Airports. Run XP and exit to check that the layering in the scenery pack is correct. Open XP and choose Key West as a starting airport for a flight. See what happens to the taxi lights at night.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:20 AM, Jrbaird19 said:

I have Florida HD installed. I also installed Key West and at night no taxiway lights seem to appear. Any ideas?

kind regards 

I have Florida HD and Orbx KEYW - Key West installed as well.  I bounced the KEYW "ini" lines around I believe in all combinations of arrangement, but still no indications of taxiway blue lights during the day or night. (SS-1 and SS-2)

So I made up a Mod for my own use in Orbx KEYW. (SS-3 and SS-4)

A question Jon. Your screen shot of the taxiway lights at KEYW, were you using Florida HD or SD?

SS-1.jpg

SS-2.jpg

SS-3.jpg

SS-4.jpg

@Sentry11 I use the SD version of TE Florida and the only version of Orbx Key West. The only difference in a SD version versus the HD version that I am aware of is the 4096v2048 imagery files size in the Orthos folder. Custom and Overlay are the same in both versions. Are you thinking that somehow there is an influence of TE Florida in whether taxiway lights show up on Key West? I would have thought that a standalone airport, placed above the TE scenery, would not be impaired by the TE addon, unless you have found such an issue. You are far more forensic than I am. If you have found something then PM me please.

18 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

Jon Clarke  It was just a thought, but you never can tell what can be affected these days. I tried every combination in the "ini" file and even made sure other photo and ortho scenery were placed properly so they didn't interfere as well.

Just try Key West without TE Florida and see if you get taxiway lights. If you don't then it is possibly a corrupt installation of Key West requiring an uninstall, and reinstall, but not from any backup copy if you have one.

15 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I've been following this thread with interest as I also have no taxiway lights at Key West.  I know it doesn't solve the problem but it's not an isolated problem.  Were the taxiway lights included in the scenery by the developer?

As far as I know. I come to that conclusion because I have Orbx Key West and I have lights as per my pic submitted in my initial reply post. I have no other addon in or around Key West other than TE Forida SD. I assume that the layering is correct in the scenery_packs.ini ?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KEYW_KeyWestIntl/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_KEYW_KeyWestIntl_Overlay/

We will wait to see what Greg can come up with.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

As far as I know. I come to that conclusion because I have Orbx Key West and I have lights as per my pic submitted in my initial reply post. I have no other addon in or around Key West other than TE Forida SD. I assume that the layering is correct in the scenery_packs.ini ?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KEYW_KeyWestIntl/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_KEYW_KeyWestIntl_Overlay/

We will wait to see what Greg can come up with.

I've followed all your recommendations Jon.  Scenery layering is correct and no other addons for TE Florida HD and Key West or surrounding area.  I am using the HD version as opposed to SD version.  Hope Greg can shed some light for us.

For what it's worth three of us are using TE Florida HD and Orbx KEYW - Key West, and all three of us are displaying no taxiway lights. Jon is using TE Florida SD and Orbx KEYW - Key West and is displaying taxiway lights. What is needed is someone else with TE Florida SD and Orbx KEYW installed to determine whether taxiway lights will be displayed only with the TE Florida SD version and not HD.

@Tony Wroblewski Hi Tony. I am including you now in this issue as the 3 customers with no taxiway lights at Key West airport all have the HD version of TE Florida. I was wondering if you may shed some light (notice the pun!) as to whether there may be something in the HD version that is overwriting the taxiway light display.

Hi. 
As Ed informed we noticed. checking for the problem and solution. 

few questions for @Jrbaird19 @Breeze @Sentry11 :

1. do you see any error when loading up the simulator?

2. did you installed some "utility" add-on lately - textures shaders, open scenery X or any other "generic" add-on lately?

3. did you ever had taxiway lights since you installed Key West?

4. is there an angle you can see the lights or for all of you is totally off?

Raz 

9 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

@Jon Clarke I've passed this onto Raz as Gaya created the airport for us. No explanation why the airport and only the SD version of Florida has a problem when the only difference between the two installations are the ortho resolutions.

Thanks for passing this on. It was the HD version that had issues not the SD version of TE Florida. I see razgo has provided a possible solution. I too am baffled as you rightly mention the only difference is with Orthos texture resolution. 

@razgo Thanks for looking into this.

2 hours ago, razgo said:

We have made quick hotfix I would like you to try. 

please Delete the corresponding folders inside your Key West and post those inside the .rar. files instead. 

Raz

There are taxiway lights now with the fix.  In the Surround_builds folder there are 64 files, in the fix there are only 55 files.  Is that correct?

The taxiway lights are actually on the taxiway.  There are none on the side of the taxiway near the terminal and and other parking areas even though there are non asphalt areas there between the turnoffs.  Seems the taxiway lights should be on both sides and off the taxiway.

3 hours ago, razgo said:

We have made quick hotfix I would like you to try. 

please Delete the corresponding folders inside your Key West and post those inside the .rar. files instead. 

Raz

Taxi lights are there now.

46 minutes ago, Breeze said:

The taxiway lights are actually on the taxiway.  There are none on the side of the taxiway near the terminal and and other parking areas even though there are non asphalt areas there between the turnoffs.  Seems the taxiway lights should be on both sides and off the taxiway.

That's correct. But better than nothing.

15 hours ago, razgo said:

Hi. 
As Ed informed we noticed. checking for the problem and solution. 

few questions for @Jrbaird19 @Breeze @Sentry11 :

1. do you see any error when loading up the simulator?

2. did you installed some "utility" add-on lately - textures shaders, open scenery X or any other "generic" add-on lately?

3. did you ever had taxiway lights since you installed Key West?

4. is there an angle you can see the lights or for all of you is totally off?

Raz 

1.   No

2.   Had trouble getting Orbx Central Installer v_4.1.0 to work while CPU was over clocked, finally got working only if CPU settings were set to default.

3.   No

4.   No

I think I will hang onto my own Mod until some changes are made by the Orbx KEYW airport developers.

Legacy - 2020-02-27 23.48.47.jpg

Archived