Kruger and Blyde

Stillwater

No, this is no analogy to Statler and Waldorf. This is "just" a flight over some places we have planned to visit in our holiday later this year. We´ll leave from Hoedspruit airfield in South Africa...

R5MOWFv.jpg

X4xxgL8.jpg

... to Balule Reserve near Kruger NP, where we´ll spend some days.

vJ8lhHp.jpg

Next stop Moholoholo Rehabilitation Center,  not present in the sim.

nZzWjK8.jpg

ZaI3iju.jpg

With the plane we can cover another series of sights in a few minutes. The northern end of the Panorama Route with the Three Rondavels, ...

P6BY3ax.jpg

... Blydepoort Dam, ...

647vImC.jpg

... and the Lowveld lookout.

vRihjYq.jpg

Blyde River winds his way through the northern Drakensberg mountains.

ARBvfer.jpg

yNVdTui.jpg

We just follow R532...

7V7K0pH.jpg

... to Graskop, ...

wheNNCJ.jpg

... and on to Kruger Mpumalanga airport. Which has some elevation errors at present, but I won´t work on that before OpenLC is out.

wcIjG1E.jpg

SWmhDbb.jpg

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Some excellent views Gerold.

We shall look forwards to seeing some more of your excellent RL/FSim posts.

We were planning a trip to Thailand but I think we will postpone it with the current situation.

Thank you Martyn. You can be sure I will report in the appropriate way once I have RL shots at hand.

East Asia might be very cheap now, in case you find a flight going there. And enough time for the quarantine period after that. Maybe a good idea to postpone...

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Beautiful shots Gerold!!!!!!!!!!  We do not see many screenshots from that part of the world.  Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!

Thank you John. Indeed, until OLC Africa comes out there are not many simmers flying down there. This will change, and for me because of two reasons :rolleyes:.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots from South Africa Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

None of that looked very attractive for an emergency landing - that's why it's so scenic.  Did you know a 185 with no paint saves forty pounds in weight?

And flying with no breakfast saves another 20 pounds, so we can access more airstrips!

Archived