My Back Yard.

Chris.D

I thought you simmers in the Northern Hemisphere might like to have something here to warm you up.

This is a little tour I did in real life and have done often in the simulator, keeps your nav skills sharp.

Hervey Bay is almost tropical, not far south of the Tropic of Capricorn, day temps range from 20c to 30c (68f to 86f) all year round. (can get colder early mornings.)

If you have Orbx Bundaburg, YBUD, Hervey Bay, YHBA and Australia v2, you can also do this tour. Gladstone is nice to have, YGLA, it is in Australia v2 I think.

I have put in some real life pictures so you can see the accuracy of the simulated scenery.

So, lets go. Here is a map of the route if you would like to try it.

NdKc2Dk.jpg

Leaving Orbx Hervey Bay. Aerosoft DH Twin Otter Extended, repainted to Lady Elliot Island Reef Resort.

gfc6YEP.jpg

Here is a first destination, after flying 30 minutes almost north of Hervey Bay.  Lady Musgrave Island

Lady Musgrave has one of the best coral cay lagoons in the world, having an area of 900 Ha or 2223 acres. 

dtQ5djP.jpg

PYEypfo.jpg

eRsSMzr.jpg

LPZx0bq.jpg

After over flying Lady Musgrave Lagoon, we continue a few miles north to Fitzroy Reef, another wonderful diving and fishing location.

Very remote and pristine reef and waters.

1pR1FG9.jpg

6zbGZtj.jpg

After tracking around the reef, we head off south and slightly to the east to find Lady Elliot Island.

j48HHRB.jpg

Over fly the island to make sure the runway is clear and give a call on the radio.

V3j3f4Q.jpg

Turning on base leg.

n22tnmk.jpg

And back on the ground.

FrktIpY.jpg

They park anywhere here, even under the trees to keep cool.

gx3loMn.jpg

9zoRuM4.jpg

JU5hiQ7.jpg

No security here, and very few people.

WknMTcn.jpg

Lady Elliot Island is a coral cay and is the southern most cay on the Great Barrier Reef.  Not much sand, the beaches are made up of mostly broken coral.

hBCtrPI.jpg

wLXfdUE.jpg

We are in the air again, heading south east and Fraser Island is on the horizon.

Fraser Island is National Park and is the largest sand island in the world..

3912kgj.jpg

0JcJ7se.jpg

We followed the west coast of Fraser Island down to Moon Point, which is well depicted in Orbx Hervey Bay, then we turn west back to the mainland, flying over Big Woody Island.

E9L3Ax0.jpg

Back in Hervey Bay now, over flying the Marina.

db2j41R.jpg

Heading south now to the airport and do an overfly and get on the radio to let everyone know I'm on my way home.

vQD7ZR7.jpg

On final now, a little high but what the heck, this thing stops pretty quick !

9q0o2s1.jpg

Off to the club now for a drink and dinner.

MbU3cgb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed that, my back yard.

Chris.

Archived