Communication Error

Kamren

Hi,

I am trying to download the GB south scenery package from Orbx Central, but whenever I go to install the product, I get a message saying "A Communication Error as occurred while trying to perform this action." I have restarted the app, my computer and my network, but the error message persists. Also, the first time I tried to download this, it all went well. The download got to about 50% before Orbx central quit or crashed, and now the download has reset and I get this error message. Is there anything to do to fix this issue?

Kamren

central.log

Operating system:  Windows 10 64bit

Simulator:  Xplane 11

Screenshot:  1606449028_Annotation2019-12-27154313.png.7a4fcde4a23c13831f80f88ac0d120e3.png

Issue:  Communication error

Hi guys

Just bought 2 more products - I am on Mac (Sierra) with X-plane 11 fully updated.
Seems I can no longer manually download the zip and have to use ORBX Central - I get the classic "Communication Error" with everything.

I am running ORBX Central Version 4.0.33 (4.0.33.20191218.3)

How can I access my new products please?

Tried manual download but Central still gives the same error.

Many thanks

Pete :-)

P.S. also tried the "Sync" but just says "Error occurred etc...."

AHA!!! Replying to myself - first sign of madness!!!

Just read that my Mac OS is not supported (10.12)

So how do I get my products please? I am not able to update my Mac above 10.12

Should I ask for my money back?

Many thanks

Hi Kamren

Please ensure you have the below requirements installed, and I would also go to your PC's date and time settings and sync your clock, and if that does not work please reinstall Orbx Central.

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

I think I found the problem. Orbx is trying to download the files to one of my dives that is completely full. I have gone into the settings and changed the temporary and backup file locations to my other empty drive, but it just keeps installing to my C: drive. And when it gets completely full, it crashes and I cant open up Central until I clear out some space. 

How can I change the install location?

16 hours ago, Kamren said:

I just tried that and no change.

Copy and paste this URL into your browser title bar at the top, not the Search box.

Doug and Nick explain how to cancel Orbx Central downloads and start afresh. The forum topic = Oregon not installing.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/184970-oregon-not-instaling/?do=findComment&comment=1605269

The scenery installed this time (thanks Smudger!). But now when I open Xplane and run the scenery, I get and error message from the system saying it was unable to locate terrain image files. What can be done to fix this issue?

1593033107_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.caa7355968e5a7963cd5fb623988d339.png

15 minutes ago, Kamren said:

Ok so what do I do?

This can be due to a lack of disk free space

Ensure you have sufficient disk space to install GB South - 200 GB or so will be enough.

or a lack of the prerequisite software required

Double check that you have the pre-requisite software installed. You can find this in the Central User Guide under System Requirements. Even if you think you have them all installed, download and install them all again.

Then click "verify files" under GB South in Central. If it fails again, upload your log file like you did in your initial post.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, muso7 said:

AHA!!! Replying to myself - first sign of madness!!!

Just read that my Mac OS is not supported (10.12)

So how do I get my products please? I am not able to update my Mac above 10.12

Should I ask for my money back?

Many thanks

Hi  Muso7

I also had the same problem, running MacOSX 10.11.6 and X-plane 11.41.  I managed to install TE GB South successfully in an iMac running OSX10.11.6 by running Central on a MacBookAir running OSX10.13.4, whilst physically connected via ethernet to the X-plane installation on the iMac.  It took hours (ie48!) but patience will be well rewarded.  However, I still have some missing file issues which I am posting separately.  I hope something like this works for you too!

Good luck!

Archived