Orbx and Qantas

John Heaton

• 2 months later...

I have just noted that in the Discover section of Central - that Longreach in  the very bottom left hand corner of Green

is absent - and is a very busy regional airport in the Aussie Outback -  due to its Tourism potential coupled with Winton

In thinking of my diatribe above on the subject - and in view of the Internationality of the Orbx forum - an approach to Qantas

to sponsor the development of a proper Orbx airport at Longreach by someone of the calibre of the Gold Coast or Moorabbin would probably

get some result - if the Walk rounds etc included the museum and its display of the static aircraft etc 

Make enough song and dance about Qantas - especially celebrating Qantas 100th birthday - would also probably make the airport a freebie

https://qfom.com.au/

Just a thought:rollmyeyes:

Hello John.

Go to Ants Airplanes web page

https://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

Download and install Ant's Aussie Airports Complete as per the instructions. It includes a great version of Longreach. Don't forget to disable the .CVX files for the airports where they are duplicated by Orbx in AU V2. You will also have to disable the Orbx ADE and Object file as per OXz instructions in the Community Scenery Addons forum.

Cheers

Bernie

3 minutes ago, bernief said:

Hello John.

Go to Ants Airplanes web page

https://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

Download and install Ant's Aussie Airports Complete as per the instructions. It includes a great version of Longreach. Don't forget to disable the .CVX files for the airports where they are duplicated by Orbx in AU V2. You will also have to disable the Orbx ADE and Object file as per OXz instructions in the Community Scenery Addons forum.

Cheers

Bernie

Thanks for that Bernie

I have seen those Ant downloads - I have their Tiger Moth - and I had noticed the Longreach -  Barcaldine a/ps etc

However - I an not brilliant at downloaded/inserting anything that requires finding or altering files - I leave all that sort of thing

to Central

Just trying to get Orbx/JV to use a marketing ploy:ph34r:

8 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Thanks for that Bernie

I have seen those Ant downloads - I have their Tiger Moth - and I had noticed the Longreach -  Barcaldine a/ps etc

However - I an not brilliant at downloaded/inserting anything that requires finding or altering files - I leave all that sort of thing

to Central

Just trying to get Orbx/JV to use a marketing ploy:ph34r:

Hello John.

Orbx have an unwritten rule that they don't develop airports that have been done by other developers. There are a couple exceptions (like Innsbruck) that prove the rule. You will notice that none of Ant's airports which were developed a long time ago have been duplicated by Orbx. The exception is Brisbane which Anthony developed after Orbx released their version of YBBN which suffered from poor frame rates on hardware available at the time. Ant's Airports are well worth the trouble to install.

How to do the modifications is explained in this topic of the Community Scenery Addons forum.

Cheers

Bernie

In 2005 we stayed in Longreach overnight and visited the Stockman's Hall If Fame and of course the Aviation Museum which was very impressive and a great experience. I even had the chance to walk on the wings of the QF 747 and to sit down in the captain's seat, which I will never forget.

So yes, to have Longreach airport and the museum properly modelled in the sim would be awsome.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:25 PM, John Heaton said:

the airport suggestion forum

Oh yes, the good old airport suggestion forum. I do not remember a single outcome of it, or am I mistaken?

I have the OZx / Ants version of Longreach as well, with some nice POIs. But for sure this is far from our beloved Orbx level, nowadays.

Archived