Issues with TEGB v2.0 and EGSG

My Orbx Stapleford/EGSG isn't playing nicely with TEGB version 2 (TEGB II), and now no longer works right with Orbx England. The issue is that while the enhanced aircraft, vehicles and ObjectFlow people seem to be in place, all hangars are missing, along with runway markings and lights. Also, regardless of setting in the EGSG control panel, there's no grass. The happens with all combinations of TEGB II active and inactive, EGSG active and inactive and Orbx England active and inactive as selected in the in-sim Scenery Library. Depending on the combination, I see the ramp area on a plateau.

I tried file verify for EGSG and also removing/reinstalling it, with no positive result. This is the only issue I've come across so far since installing TEGB II, which I otherwise love. My sim is P3D v4.5 SP2.

In trying to troubleshoot this, I'm not sure if the initial download of TEGB II is part of the issue. I'm one of the ones with the download size stated in Orbx Central as 74 GB instead of 54 GB or whatever it was supposed to be. Nevertheless, TEGB II seems to be working after getting through that issue with help from the forum. Also, the TEGB Library had no hickups. I do hope this can be fixed without removing and reinstalling TEGB II. I'm on a 1 MB/sec download connection and it took a day and a half to download the original 74GB (73.86 to be exact).

Here's how it looks with TEGB II and Orbx EGSG. No hangars, markings or grass, and the farm north of the hangar line is at an odd angle to the horizontal:

2019-12-21_14-12-49-236.thumb.jpg.db5ea13b097b86731ddb75eed4e04fad.jpg

Here's how it looks with TEGB II and EGSG off. The runway markings and ramp area are floating above the ground ortho:

2019-12-21_13-12-47-998.thumb.jpg.7c5bb1b7d09850e9f36309b6846c6db4.jpg

Orbx England on and EGSG off looks fine, with the stock buildings and everything else looking good.

Other info: No third party mesh installed, and no AEC applied in the Vector control panel.

Hello,

one thing is for sure, you are seeing no buildings because your copy of objectflow is not working.

This could be because it is not installed, it is not active in P3D or that there are two versions.

Here is the solution to the two versions scenario.

I think the elevation screen shot is of an error of your own making, while trying to fix the

problem and does not need a resolution.

Thanks for the double Object flow suggestion, Nick. I’ll run the fix in the link and report back. As for the plateau, I didn’t describe it correctly. That’s what it looks like with TEGB II inactive and Orbx EGSG active, done simply by unchecking the four TEGB II entries in the Scenery Library. I’d expect that combination to result in how things looked before TEGB. Is there a better way to get there, such as running the auto AEC corrector in Vector after deactivating TEGB II? I haven’t made any changes to the relevant .BGL files or moved any AEC corrections.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there is an elevation adjustment file.

Which exact version of P3D v4 are you using?

Correct! It looks like I forgot to mention to the installer guys that this file needs to be deactivated as well when EGSG is active. I will report back when that has been fixed.

Bests,

Sascha

Yeah all my buildings are up in the air at Stapleford after GB South v2

Everywhere else is present and correct as far as I can tell.

I shall wait for a fix. Don't ya just love computer programing!

I don't know how the ORBX team retain their sanity with all the shifts

in the goal posts. Rest assured all of us old devils silly enough to 

have this as a hobby all these years really do appreciate all your hard

work and dedication the ORBX team put in.

Kevin

I agree with you graybeard on the effort Orbx put into the TEGB II update and all at no additional cost to those who bought the first version. To miss one file in the installer is pretty small potatoes in the push to deliver a fantastic Christmas present to us on time. I’ve put in about five hours in the new South and have nothing but praise for the improvement in performance and upping the POIs.

Thanks for your help with this, Nick. Following the instructions in the "Double instances in ObjectFlow 2" link, I did indeed have the offending folder in my P3D Docs folder, so deleted it. Returning to P3D, I now had two layers at EGSG separated by about 50'. The lower had the bespoke Orbx add-on EGSG aircraft and vehicles and the upper one the bespoke hangars. Once above that layer, as expected, I couldn't get below it. Returning to [SimDrive]\P3D\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\Scenery, I found the expected two EGSG files but with added text of ".disabled-by-egsg" at the end of the filename. Copying to a safe place and then deleting the added text resulted in EGSG looking as it should.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, for the record, elevation adjustment files are redundant from P3D version 4.5.13.32097,

airport elevations are now read from the version at the highest point in the scenery library.

And now you just taught me something new I didn't know, thank you, Nick! :)

7 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

That’s all good news. Do you recommend I wait for a fix/patch, or just add .off after the file name. If the latter, please advise which file it is.

If you don't want to wait for the patch; it will be this one:

P3D root folder\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGSG_elevation_adjustment.BGL

If you're now very sure about what you're doing I would recommend to wait for a patch.

I have the same problem with two different elevations.

Here is what I see:

L9PZdCo.jpg

I do not have files with added text of ".disabled-by-egsg" at the end of the filename in my [SimDrive]\P3D\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\Scenery

yp866LL.jpg

I do not have 'P3D root folder\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGSG_elevation_adjustment.BGL '

oSXBy1A.jpg

My TE GBS V2 is located in my library, which is on another drive. It does have these EGSG files:

Cmiyp0f.jpg

In my Vector AEC folder (\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery), I have:

AEC_EGSG.inactive

Not sure what I should do next...

Hello,

please rename the last three of these ".disabled-by-egsg" files back to .bgl.

Do not rename the 3DM_Buildings file.

Cmiyp0f.jpg

I found the same in my installation and I would expect that once you restart P3D, the problem will no longer be there.

I have already raised this internally and added it to the list of things to do for a service pack.

• 8 months later...

Archived