Cushman Meadows KCMW shadow on WA38 runway

guuggul

Interesting. I just bought the airport the same day. Any ideas what could be wrong?  Should I open a support ticket?

Almost forgot to mention that I have Global, Vector, Trees, Buildings, NA Land Class, PNW,  etc. installed. And... I'm using Orbx Central. I'm assuming that these have all been automatically updated since I just installed them at the beginning of the sale.  I also have almost 2 TB of SSD space available.

Hello,

please don't open a support ticket, here is where support is provided.

The missing objects are controlled by objectflow.

It has to be installed, using Orbx Central and it must be installed into an

Orbx Central Library, created by you.

You will find the guide on creating a library in the Orbx Central user guide

and the objectflow installer in your Orbx Central product list.

Of course you must also have installed the Orbx Libraries, as I expect

that you have already.

Yes, I have Orbx Libraries in a folder called ORB and my flight simulator in P3D. I have almost 3 dozen Orbx airports (I lost count).  I am using Orbx Central. How would I know if I have the libraries and objectflow installed correctly and updated? I just installed almost everything at the beginning of this sale.

@Nick, I checked and :

1. I don't see an Orbx ObjectFlow2 folder in the  "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\"

2. I verified the files for KCMW

3. I verified the files for ObjectFlow

I then launched P3D, slewed to the same problem area but didn't see any improvement or corrections. The shadow instead of bridge is still there. I'm using Win 10, 16 GB of 3200 Mhz RAM, NVMe bootdrive (lots of space), 1070ti card, etc.  Any other ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.

kcmw - verify files-12-18-2019 1-04-56 AM.jpg

kcmw object flow in add-ons-12-18-2019 1-31-01 AM.jpg

kcmw object flow in add-ons-12-18-2019 1-31-01 AM.jpg

Scenery library-12-18-2019 1-44-41 AM.jpg

kcmw - problem not fixed-12-18-2019 1-25-42 AM.jpg

I verified the ObjectFlow files twice a few minutes ago. Each time after, I re-started P3D and the problem has not changed. I also rebooted the PC just to make sure there are no cache file or memory of some sort lingering somewhere. There's still a shadow instead of a bridge.

Now I'm thinking, maybe I should uninstall KCMW and ObjectFlow.  But if I uninstall ObjectFlow, how do I re-install?

By the way, I noticed you have a shadow instead of a bridge show up in your first picture in your reply above which is the problem I'm having. How did you manage to do that?

Also, just to be sure I'm doing it right, how does one verify ObjectFlow? I verified mine by  going to the Misc section of Orbx Central and selecting 'Orbx ObjectFlow' and 'Verify files', and after verification, a check mark appears to the right of 'Verify files' (see below). I hope I'm doing it right. Thanks.

kcmw - object flow files verified-12-18-2019 9-58-09 AM.jpg

kcmw-object flow-addon xml-12-18-2019 10-06-00 AM.jpg

kcmw-problem not solved after verify files-12-18-2019 9-52-35 AM.jpg

It appears to this casual observer that the op's ObjectFlow file is installed in the sim's Main Library.  It should actually be installed in an Orbx Central Library as outlined in Nick's post #5 above:

"It has to be installed, using Orbx Central and it must be installed into an Orbx Central Library, created by you."

Thanks for chime-ing in. I uninstalled KCMW. No change.  I then uninstalled ObjectFlow and re-installed it to the library created by me. There is a slight change in the graphic, but it is still wrong. Now instead of being flat, the shadow has elevation. See below.

kcmwA-error still (a little diff) after re-installing Object Flow-12-18-2019 9-19-53 PM.jpg

Hello,

about the only visible difference between your installation and mine seems to be that KCMW is installed

into an Orbx Central Library.

Could you, as a test, uninstall it and reinstall it inside the P3D root folder and see if that makes it work?

If it does not, it is very easily migrated back out.

Thanks.

@Nick , I uninstalled KCMW and re-installed by downloading it from Orbx Central (I initially manually installed it from the *.c4 file). The elevation is gone but the shadow problem in the bridge is still there.

For what it's worth... I have about 1.5 TB of free space in my SSD P3D drive, over 300 GB of free space on my Win 10 Pro NVMe drive, a GTX 1070ti, and an 8700k with 16 GB of 3200 Mhz RAM. Lots of ORBX PNW and Northern California sceneries installed.  I built the PC just this month after having the parts for a long time not having had the time until now. The other sceneries seem ok (how can I verify that I don't have a similar problem in the other sceneries)? 

An idea: is installing older versions of KCMW, ORBX library, or ObjectFlow an option? Will these work in Orbx Central? Will an older version work with the other ORBX modules? The other ORBX modules are probably the latest versions available since these were just bought during this sale.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm in a different time zone than you are in. I'm in San Francisco, California, US (Pacific time).

kcmwB-error still (installed in main P3D folder)-12-19-2019 9-17-44 AM.jpg

@Doug Sawatzky , thanks. But it didn't help. Same problem.  I uninstalled, re-downloaded, and installed the Orbx Library;  this time into the main P3D folder.

@Nick , was able to duplicate the missing bridge problem. What did he do?

What makes that bridge object different from other objects in the KCMW module?

Thanks.

kcmwC-error-orb library now in p3d main folder-12-19-2019 10-42-24 PM.jpg

kcmwC1-error-orb library now in p3d main folder-12-19-2019 10-42-24 PM.jpg

Hello,

you can see that in each screen shot is shown the objectflow status.

The bridge is not the only missing object, it is the only missing object in the picture, there are many others.

6.jpg

7.jpg

The bridge is not the only missing object, it is the only missing object in the picture, there are many others.

Hello,

I had hoped that the black banners in the middle of the pictures would have

shown you that one picture is with objectflow disabled, the box is not ticked and the 

second with objectflow enabled. The box is ticked.

Can you check the status of the box in the add-ons menu in your copy of P3D v4 please.

Maybe this is significant. I just noticed that there are two bridges in the KCMW module's Bear Gutch Airport. The lower bridge in the picture shows up okay. So how is that different from the problematic bridge on the top of the picture? Thanks.

kcmwH-two bridges-12-20-2019 11-35-11 AM.jpg

Is this problem unique to me?  I posted my PC specs the other day and I imagine lots of other people have similar setups. I can't think of anything unusual about the hardware I'm using.

Also, does it only happen to KCMW?  I have a lot of ORBX installed but this is the only one I've noticed so far.

@bvdbbomen,  thanks, but no I don't. This is a new pc build. The only gaming software I've installed in this so far is P3D and  DCS (A10-C, Huey and two maps).

I'm tempted to install FSX SE and ORBX just to test KCMW but I already have FSX SE  installed in my laptop and I don't know if it's okay to install FSX SE in the desktop also. While it may be okay to install FSX SE in both laptop and desktop as long as it's not used simultaneously, I'm not sure, and I'd rather not deal with DRM issues if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible it's a permissions issue with one or more folders?

Are you running P3D as administrator?

Try going into your various folders linked to P3D and maximise permissions and security and sharing right across the board.    Including any in your User account folder(s).

Other than that, I know during testing of objectflow there were instances where Objectflow just didn't work despite the xml entries etc appearing to be spot on.

Final question, do you allow ORBX installers to install sceneries etc in default paths and to your library without any input such as from downloaded zips etc?  From what I see across the forums, if you let the ORBX installers do everything (you do have to choose the location in Orbx Central, yes) then unexplained problems don't seem to occur.  I know in my case I have every ORBX product installed, some to P3D floder and some to a library location and they all work perfectly ( apart from the odd mesh or update issue).

Good luck with this, what a pain!

@Nick Cooper I'm not sure that it is ObjectFlow though because I see (admire the animation actually) going round and round in front of the cabin and never stopping to rest. Doesn't she ever get tired?  :-) 

By the way, I went ahead and installed FSX SE on the same PC with nothing else installed except PNW and KCMW. The same result!  What is wrong with that bridge!!  (I don't think I may have installed the orbx libraries or objectflow for FSX SE though). 

I also tried switching the weather to Winter in both FSX SE and P3D. Same problem. That bridge just refuses to show up.

A thought: under what file is that bridge located in?   If you send me the hash tag of the file (or I can send mine to you), I can run a checksum (http://onlinemd5.com/) to see if we are using the exact same file.

@John Dow thanks for chiming in. Yes, I'm logged into Win 10 as admin ('Dadmin' actually), and run P3D as 'administrator'. 

With regards to auto install, I downloaded the *.C4 file and installed from there, but I will try your suggestion and uninstall the module and install directly from Orbx Central without using the *.c4 file. And,  I will post back.  I am not feeling hopeful though considering I have about 50+ Orbx stuff installed already in this month-old PC and all except S43 (another topic) apparently working fine.  Thank you.

Problem solved!

@John Dow thank you, thank you, thank you. Your suggestion about not using any input when installing and letting the installer do its thing was the solution. The bridge magically appeared when the module is installed in the P3D folder (not the 'main library') without manual installation. This is one really really weird, weird problem. Why does the module behave like that... (rhetorical question... I'm not expecting an answer, but if I was a programmer I'd be curious to find out, and single step and trace the root cause of that problem). This is a great example of adding a feature (being able to install modules in another location and using a c4 file) results in a new issue.   @John Dow@Nick Cooper owes you a cigar.  :-)

P.s. I don't know how to label this issue as 'solved'. Am I supposed to?

kcmwI-solved!-don't use c4 file-1-3-2020 10-02-13 AM.jpg

guuggul, you still have the elevated water under the bridge. Maybe you can solve that by entering the scenery library in P3D and directly press OK without changing anything. In many cases that solves elevation problems of this kind.

4 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

guuggul, you still have the elevated water under the bridge. Maybe you can solve that by entering the scenery library in P3D and directly press OK without changing anything. In many cases that solves elevation problems of this kind.

Another magic show... that fixed it. Beautiful!  I hope Nick Cooper has a boxful of cigars because he owes you one too. Thank you @bvdboomen!

kcmwL-solved!-water leveled-1-3-2020 10-02-13 AM.jpg

On 12/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please don't open a support ticket, here is where support is provided.

The missing objects are controlled by objectflow.

It has to be installed, using Orbx Central and it must be installed into an

Orbx Central Library, created by you.

You will find the guide on creating a library in the Orbx Central user guide

and the objectflow installer in your Orbx Central product list.

Of course you must also have installed the Orbx Libraries, as I expect

that you have already.

Hello,

kind of you to offer me that chance to give away cigars but the answer is still the same.

One can see that you have already had the product installed in the P3D root folder in your screen shot here:

kcmwE-object flow and orbx library locations-12-20-2019 9-30-55 AM.jpg

Perhaps the advice from John not to interfere with the installation was the key, but as we are not able to stand over customers

and see what they are actually doing, versus what they say they are doing, we are at a constant disadvantage.

I am delighted that you have finally installed the same version as all the other customers, perhaps you can now apply

the same approach to your other problem.

Archived