XP v4.0 flight dynamics ????

olderndirt

Took the default 172 for a ride - noticed a few things.  The torque effect when you open the throttle seems more pronounced but readily controlled.  Airspeed indications, by and large, appears about 10 kts low.   Conclusion - ho hum.

Airborne at Medford - off to the left, a preview of coming attractions - Mt Shasta.

v4a.png    

Slipping was never a 172's forte and the sim shows that well.  Full right rudder and maximum opposite bank that allows straight ahead.  

v4c.png

Surprisingly it will spin - just let up and it flies itself out.

v4b.png

29 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

If you'd made your trip in '98 while I still had the Pacer, I'd have been delighted.

So would have I OND, I love flying but I draw the line with something akin to a fan suspended under a parachute.

The Pacer would have been magic though, maybe next life!;)

11 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

So would have I OND, I love flying but I draw the line with something akin to a fan suspended under a parachute.

The Pacer would have been magic though, maybe next life!;)

Hey this plane was dynamite.  160 hp, 82" prop and several fuselage mods that were borderline legal.

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Hey this plane was dynamite.  160 hp, 82" prop and several fuselage mods that were borderline legal.

I wasn't incinerating that your Pacer was inadequate, but I certainly would never consider a Paraglider of any description.

Rigid wings, a fuselage, seats and an engine will do very nicely, your Pacer would have filled the bill with room to spare!:)

Archived